'That will not happen': Pelosi warns against attempts to delay November election

‘That will not happen’: Pelosi warns against attempts to delay November election

by Zachary Halaschak

| April 24, 2020 03:46 PM

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi expressed concern that President Trump might try to delay the November election because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Appearing Friday on MSNBC, the California Democrat was asked if she and Democrats could ensure that the 2020 presidential election will continue as scheduled.

“We must. I know there’s a danger, and people are scared, but we must, and we will,” Pelosi responded.

Pelosi said the president “has done so much to undermine our democracy, to undermine our rights, dishonoring the Constitution, undermining the integrity of our voting process, denigrating our newcomers to our country, just degrading our environment, our values, and the rest.”

The speaker said that Congress will not allow a change of date to happen. She said she thinks some Republicans would push back on any attempts to delay the election.

“That will not happen,” Pelosi said of a delay. “And God willing, maybe some Republicans might even stand up for our country, our Constitution, and our democracy, as well. I think they will.”

The remarks come a day after the presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden said that he thinks Trump would try to delay the election because “that’s the only way he thinks he can possibly win.”

“Mark my words: I think he is going to try to kick back the election somehow, come up with some rationale why it can’t be held,” Biden said.

Tim Murtaugh, Trump’s campaign communications director, bashed Biden’s remarks as “the incoherent, conspiracy theory ramblings of a lost candidate who is out of touch with reality."

So says the dictator NANs.

1 Like

This is Peak Democrat:

• Lockdowns in place until Nov 7.
  • Great Depression 2.
  • Tens of millions impoverished, Trump blamed.
  • Election Day, all voting is unverifiable mail-in.
  • Stacey Abrams wins in a landslide.
1 Like

I am telling you, this ‘birus skare’ is simply a narrative gone right for the oligarchs.

Another slight variation: Trump “opens us up for business.” Common second peak of virus hits in the fall. New lockdowns instituted decimating America. Trump blamed both for opening up and the second wave. The other conditions obtain. I’m more thinking the evil genius of Big Fem/Dem machine to prop up a weak Biden only to elect an Abrams type VP.

The Dems are the ones who are scared.

“We must. I know there’s a danger, and people are scared, but we must, and we will,” Pelosi responded.

Actually, that is not even true! STOP LYING to the American people Nancy! You know darn better than that to deceive, as you have been doing for the last 3 and a half years.
Your only hope that he does delay the November Election, because you would let the illegals vote to boost your base.
You have folks like Andrew Cumo, Gretchen Whitmer, Newsom and others trying to stifle the economy by these over-drawn lockdown. You don’t want the American people working, despite of the virus.

It’s time to get these American people back to work!

Enugh is Enough!

1 Like

Welcome To The Twilight Zone

One of my favorite episodes of The Twilight Zone is Monsters Are Due On Maple Street. On a peaceful suburban street, strange occurrences, purposely caused by hidden aliens, stoke the residents’ paranoia to a disastrous intensity. Once friendly neighbors start accusing one another and then, inevitably, begin killing each other.

We are now living in a sort of twilight zone, a science fiction horror movie. Many of us are being told to spy on each other, monitor one another, report any deviancy, take pictures. We have been ordered to close our churches, our schools, our restaurants, our businesses, no family dinners or get-togethers, use social distancing, practically everyone needs a haircut.

1 Like

SEE BELOW:

Welcome to the twilight zone.

That worked out pretty well for NYC’s snitch hotline, didn’t it? :joy:

Damn, even some lefties might be clueing in. :grimacing:

I don’t think that’s possible.

Momentary lapse perhaps.

It will be interesting to study this after all is over with. I’d imagine the sociologists any psychologists are going to have many papers to publish on how covid changed people’s lives and perceptions.

You’d think many who voted for the Michigan governor (D), for instance, might be having second thoughts when they see places like Texas and Florida opening things up.®

1 Like