Some Very Interesting Comments From AG William Barr while Addressing Federalist Society

You need to watch these videos to appreciate the message William Barr is stating here in his speech at Federalist Society’s National Lawyers Convention.

This clip the AG takes the gloves off and calls out the left by labeling them as an insurgency;

Bill Bar takes the off the gloves – Calls the Resistance an ‘occupying military power!’

‘It is the left that is engaged in the systematic shredding of norms and undermining the rule of law.’

AG Bill Barr: “Immediately after President Trump won election, opponents inaugurated what they call ‘The Resistance’ and they rallied around an explicit strategy of using every tool and maneuver to sabotage the functioning of the executive branch.”

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1195573352771006464

For those who are interested in the deep dive to what some here still believe is the tip of the spear in holding those accountable, AG William Barr is on point and is sending a very strong message! Something is coming soon, I can guarantee you that, or I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong.

Full Speech.

2 Likes

Great speech by AG Bill Barr. Now, as the head of the DOJ, maybe he should have some of these people arrested instead of talking about it! The patience of the American people has worn thin!

4 Likes

Agreed. I support the administration but I mean come on. Trump’s entire presidency has been disrupted by the militant left and nothing ever gets done about it. I want to see indictments and perp walks. I want these liars in the media to get scared and shut their mouths.

1 Like

I’m done with “interesting” comments and rousing speeches. Shit or get off the pot. It’s long overdue and judging by how things go…nothing is going to happen.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion! Welcome to the forum!

I’d welcome you, but your moniker screams of a shitload of IQ points. You may be a little too smart for the hoi polloi here. Try having a pow-wow with here2bqueer.

1 Like

Bill Barr is a part of the damn coup, and anyone who doesn’t believe he’s dragging his feet so this farce can continue has their head rectally inserted.

Really? Then why are democrats upset over his speech and demanding that he resign? I mean yeah sure Americans like you can be skeptical me included but if what you are saying is true then that is a pretty big swath of the swamp to include Barr as part of some grand conspiracy that is leading the coup. I find that part of the argument hard to believe.

Cant substantiate that opinion with facts can you?

One day in the future when all of this is sorted out and order is restored, (Booty gig say it cant be, iinm) we need to keep in mind exactly what the Left does when they are assumed to be responsible, intelligent and loyal.

They create insane notions to advance the Communist, Islamist, Anarchist agenda.

Perhaps I am being naive but seeing the amount of stonewalling and coverups, it doesn’t surprise me that a thorough investigation can take time. Barr does not seem to me to be the type of person not to have every “t” crossed and “i” dotted. And, for every “t” he crosses that may lead down another rabbit hole that needs to be investigated.

I’d rather it take time and be rock solid than settle for the type of circus the dems are putting on display.

Tortoise and the hare.

1 Like

They always say the wheels of justice turn slow and there is something to be said about that. I am of the belief that in order to get a conviction every stone has to be turned over in order to insure that a guilty verdict will convince a jury to render. Its a process that takes time, Being the AG and the running the nations largest justice department requires some serious fortitude to be thorough and by the book for no other reason that the job demands it so, as being embarrassed by losing cases is something the DOJ hates more than anything else. On the flip side, its understandable why common ordinary people who don’t understand how this process works are getting impatient with the process and want something to happen now. They also don’t understand the amount of work it takes to investigate a crime to the point of having enough evidence to convince a grand jury to hand out an indictment, especially in high profile cases on a national level. That is a high standard to overcome, and one that requires due diligence. I believe we are getting there soon, and everything could be revolving with the IG report, followed by the Durham report in which testimony will be forthcoming to the public on Dec 11.

2 Likes

I saved Atty Gen. William Barr’s lecture to the Federalist Society’s 2019 National Lawyers Convention to use whenever a Dem says the treatment of Trump is the same as the treatment of Obama.

Specifically, Part A. where he also mentions the term used by Dems for their “Resistance.”

As I have said, the Framers fully expected intense pulling and hauling between the Congress and the President. Unfortunately, just in the past few years, we have seen these conflicts take on an entirely new character.

Immediately after President Trump won election, opponents inaugurated what they called “The Resistance,” and they rallied around an explicit strategy of using every tool and maneuver available to sabotage the functioning of his Administration. Now, “resistance” is the language used to describe insurgency against rule imposed by an occupying military power. It obviously connotes that the government is not legitimate. This is a very dangerous – indeed incendiary – notion to import into the politics of a democratic republic. What it means is that, instead of viewing themselves as the “loyal opposition,” as opposing parties have done in the past, they essentially see themselves as engaged in a war to cripple, by any means necessary, a duly elected government.

Much more than just this is to be found at the link.

I look forward to the next time some Dem tries to assert that they are only doing to Trump what was done to Obama.

1 Like

Poor Trump, and what a way for Barr to demonstrate his loyalty is to Trump first and not the constitution.

Although I know nothing about you but your opposition to Trump, you remind me of why Trump doesn’t want the USA entangled in the Middle East.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I remember years ago seeing it discussed how the Left would eventually be seen as the French civilians who collaborated with the WWII Nazis.

Apparently, these (not so) bright boys and girls adopted the name, The Resistance to make sure they would not be the ones being humiliated in the end.

Two women, partially stripped, their heads shaved and with swastikas painted on their faces, are marched barefoot down the streets of Paris, to shame and humiliate them for collaborating with the Germans during the Second World War. August 27, 1944.

But, Liberals being Liberals, whatever they touch has a better than average chance of being screwed up.

Not sure how that relates to my post you quoted, or what those two women’s politics were.