đź”´ Senate Confirmation Hearing for William Barr

This thread is for comments regarding the hearing…and for no other purpose.

https://youtu.be/_XfUI9ppRqg

https://www.c-span.org/networks/?channel=c-span-3

The irony of Diane Feinstein

In her opening remarks preceding the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing of William Barr as nominee for Attorney General, she referred to Mr. Barr’s 19 page memo concerning his apparent reaching of a conclusion prior to hearing all of the facts when he stated that there was no obstruction of justice in President Trump’s firing of Jim Comey.

This is patently ironic in view of Jim Comey’s writing the exoneration statement concerning Hillary Clinton prior to hearing the testimony of witnesses in the “matter”.

Bill Barr just said illegal immigration must be stopped during Confirmation Hearings.

Grassley is questioning Barr on Qui Tam- the provision that allows whistleblowers to come forward (like in CF) and receive compensation. In the past Barr has been very much against this ability - He’s now saying he isn’t. Interesting.

I started to watch the Barr confirmation I turned it after he introduced his family of lawyers and D.C. insiders. I did learn he worked at the CIA early in his career. We’re a nation with a population approaching 330 million people surely there’s a honest independent state Attorney General or lawyer outside the swamp. The Senate is corrupt it’s the corrupt confirming the corrupt. The Senate confirmation process is a waste of time just another dog and pony show to fool the masses. The Senate will never confirm an honest Attorney General or FBI Director, if they did most of Congress would be investigated many would end up in prison. Hard to watch Feinstein up there talking about Russian collusion when she had a Communist Chinese spy working for her for years…plus they all know Hillary Clinton the Department of Justice, FBI and Mueller are criminals. It never ends and it will never end.

2 Likes

While the Barr AG Senate Confirmation is on their 10 minute “comfort break”, will someone please throw Mazie Hirono to the floor roughly ?

2 Likes

Just wait 'til we get to see “Spartacus” in action.

1 Like

Barr is a good choice. There is no reason he shouldn’t be confirmed by a wide margin.

1 Like

I agree, he’s about a clean record wise as anyone can be with his years in the law and federal gov’t.

From what little I’ve seen of the hearings he’s handling them well too.

Should be approved 98:02 but it’s most likely going to be closer to 54/46.

1 Like

You are probably right, can’t see more than a handful of Dems voting for him, even though there is no reasonable excuse to vote no.