SCOTUS keeps citizenship question on hold in census case

Its a simple question. What is your source to support your claim that “the citizenship question causes many not to participate, which leads to an inaccurate count of everyone living in the country which is why it didn’t appear after the 1950 census.

Sorry if I don’t trust a bunch of Harvard egg heads to know what does or does not cause illegal immigrants to do when confronted with questions from the Census Bureau. How do they know the illegal immigrants answered their questions honestly (assuming that they even actually asked illegal immigrants questions … ) Just because they are here illegally doesn’t mean they are stupid. It doesn’t take much intelligence to recognize that telling the egg head that they would be scared to be counted if they were asked about their citizenship status would be in their own interest.

But again, there are ALWAYS a segment of the population who refuse to participate with the Census for a wide variety of reasons, so the CB uses algorithms to adjust for that undercount. However, the fact remains, that the primary purpose of the Census it to proportion the fixed number of Representatives among the States based on the number of CITIZENS in each State. Without asking the question, they must either give the State the benefit of the doubt and allot representation based on the total population (legal and illegal) which is unfair to States with low numbers of illegal residents, or to estimate the number of illegals in each State and subtract that number from the totals. You can probably guess how that latter option would pan out.

I posted it already…:man_shrugging:

Well that’s convenient.

No, not “citizens” …people. The constitution had to be amended to right the wrong of the census instructions that allowed for the counting of slaves…

Stop your deception. You dont even know where these people are let alone if they pay income taxes. They pay local, state, and federal excise tax at point of sale … that’s all you know for sure… e.g. taxes on cigarettes, alcohol, and gasoline. Other state and local taxes include sales tax.

But such taxes are not levied on money that the illegals send out of the country.

When, where? It is not in the post where you stated it.

I’m a realist.
………

No … “legal residents.” I was wrong to say citizens, but the Constitution does not provide for representation for people who are here illegally or who are here legally, but not in residence (such as visitors who may be in temporary residence.) The ONLY practical way to know if the person answering the Census questions is here legally and due representation in Congress, is to ask them the question.

Then why was it not on every census before 1890, or after 1950…:man_shrugging:

Don’t know. You said it was because it made some people scared to participate. I simply asked you to prove it.

I did with the study you rejected…:man_shrugging:

No you didn’t! Just like every one of your posts, you just post without actually reading the OP. Another day, another embellishment on your part!

The study that you linked to did not say why the question was removed from the 1960 census, it merely said that it was.

You reject it out of hand as mere egg heads or whatever…

Facts! Just facts! What are those?

You are represented well here!

The question will cause many non citizen residents not to participate so you get no realistic scale and magnitude…:man_shrugging:

Dantes, why did you leave Hannity and come here?

1 Like

Not so, he’s poised to pull an Obama, bypass the system and institutions and do what he wants via EO.

What was criticized before is embraced now. We may as well abolish congress and just have kings.

As though this is supposed to be a positive even if true.

One person working contributing to taxes at maybe a minimum wage while a wife and however many children are being supplemented by the government as well as using our resources (education, healthcare) for free.

It is a massive financial negative to the country no matter how libs try to spin it.

1 Like