San Francisco official in charge of cleaning up city's filthy streets arrested for corruption

MrCleanSF goes to fail for failing to clean up his own corruption. Amazing.

The head of San Francisco Public Works, which is in charge of cleaning up the city’s feces-filled streets, has been arrested by the FBI on suspicion of public corruption.

San Francisco Public Works Director Mohammed Nuru was arrested Monday alongside Nick Bovis, the owner of a popular sports bar in Fisherman’s Wharf, Lefty O-Doul’s. Sources told NBC Bay Area that Nuru was arrested on suspicion of accepting bribes for airport concession contracts.

As the top official in charge of the $312 million city public works budget since 2012, Nuru was tasked with cleaning up San Francisco streets, which critics note remain cluttered with feces, trash and used needles amid a homelessness crisis.

Nuru, who goes by “MrCleanSF" on Twitter, also oversees the design and construction of city facilities and the management of 1,600 employees. Its capital project portfolio is more than $5.6 billion.

Nuru, as of late, has attracted criticism from homelessness advocates for conducting sweeps of the city’s homeless encampments.

“There’s an understanding that ‘everything goes through Mohammed,’ and if you piss him off, there’s retribution. I think there needs to be an overhaul of that department. We need much more accountability and transparency there,” Haney continued.

In the early 2000s, Nuru was accused by Public Works whistleblowers of misappropriating public funds and replacing city workers with employees from a nonprofit he previously led.

Bovis, for his part, has a criminal past. The Chronicle learned he was arrested in 1993 and charged with second degree robbery and use of a firearm in commission of a felony. He was convicted of second degree robbery in 1996 and sentenced to five years in prison. Shortly after he took over the city’s iconic sports bar.

Just another victim of Anti Muslim Bias and racism.

Just wait, if they haven’t asserted it yet, they soon will be.

Nice…city work contracts disguised to hide racketeering. This reminds me of the stories of old school corrupt Chicago — my hometown and one of the greatest cities on Earth now destroyed by decades of Democrat corruption just like this.

1 Like

Elect a bunch of politicians named Mohammad and your government is sure to turn to shitria. Mohammad says bribery is okay as long as the money doesn’t go to women or infidels.

3 Likes

Kind of a conundrum, I mean since he deals with corruption.

Apparently this guy like to hang around with Gavin Newsom… I wonder if they’re communist overlord governor is involved in any of this? Probably.

If so expect a quick plea deal to hush it all up.

I hope Tucker Carlson roasts this guy tonight during his opening monologue.

Almost guaranteed he’ll work it in before the end of Friday’s show.

And to think that SF was just listed among the 50 best-run cities in the nation. (Coming in at a laudable #19 on the list!!)

1 Like

I can’t stand all of those articles that list all of the usual suspects as being the absolute best place for anything and everything lifestyle-wise. Anyone who lives in the majority of those cities knows that it is nothing but an inescapable hell on Earth.

Must be some really good drugs or our nation’s 50 best run cities are all in deep trouble.

Lock them all up! They are lining their own pockets with tax dollars and putting American citizens at risk.

A corrupt official in San Fransicko? I thought all far left Democrats were beyond reproach and criticism. I’m sure all of the employees that worked for this idiot were celebrating as he got hauled off in handcuffs…POS.

There are plenty of Liberal CESSPOOLS in the top 50. Washington D.C., Aurora Co ( little Africa), El Paso( illegal heaven), Eugene Or, Porland Or, NYC, Seattle Wa and Boston Ma.

2 Likes

No doubt in my mind that if a liberal entity compiled the list, the liberal cities will be on top, regardless of their worthiness to be there.

2 Likes

That’s exactly right @asaratis - I see Austin at the top of these lists a lot. As someone who spent a lot of time in Austin growing up and working it’s not the place that it used to be. There are certainly been improvements especially as far as restaurants go but there’s a lot of homelessness now and the cost of living is incredibly expensive. They should be more honest with these lists and just say top 10 cities with restaurants to get a world class meal in… living in these cities is a completely different story.

1 Like

Quite so. Even then, quality of cuisine is a subjective topic. That is why we have chocolate, vanilla…and cosmopolitan ice cream.

Some people believe red meat is poison. GHWBush disliked broccolli. Brussel’s sprouts make you fart. I don’t like tofu. Many people hate eggs, are lactose intolerant or have religious restrictions against certain foods. Many are allergic to various foods.

Variety is the ■■■■■ of life. I love BarBQ pork. I like eating high on the hog.

It’s like giving a bunch of hyenas a task of creating a list top-5 greatest animals. It will look something like this:

1. Brown hyena
  2. Spotted hyena
  3. Striped hyena
  4. Aardwolf
  5. Vulture

Austin has become a permanent stain on a great state.