Russia issues arrest warrant for Sen. Lindsey Graham over Ukraine comments

Russia issues arrest warrant for Sen. Lindsey Graham over Ukraine comments

By

Emily Crane

May 29, 2023 10:35am

Russia on Monday issued an arrest warrant for US Sen. Lindsey Graham in the wake of his strong comments about the war in Ukraine — with the South Carolina Republican vowing to wear it as a “Badge of Honor.”

The Kremlin’s Interior Ministry put Graham on a wanted list just days after he met with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in Kyiv and sparked outrage by appearing to say Russian deaths from United States’ funding was “the best money we’ve ever spent.”

In an edited video of the Friday meeting, which was released by Zelenskiy’s office, Graham had said that “the Russians are dying” and described the American military assistance to Ukraine as “the best money we’ve ever spent.”

The US Senator’s remarks were made in different parts of their conversation and didn’t appear to be linked, but were edited together in the short clip.

Russia’s Investigative Committee, the country’s top criminal investigation agency, moved to open a criminal inquiry against Graham following the remarks, though it did not specify what crime he was suspected of.

Russia on Monday issued an arrest warrant for US Sen. Lindsey Graham over his latest Ukraine comments.

Graham quickly fired back, “I will wear the arrest warrant issued by Putin’s corrupt and immoral government as a Badge of Honor.”

“To know that my commitment to Ukraine has drawn the ire of Putin’s regime brings me immense joy,” he continued.

“Finally, here’s an offer to my Russian ‘friends’ who want to arrest and try me for calling out the Putin regime as being war criminals: I will submit to jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court if you do. Come and make your best case. See you in The Hague!”

The initial video of Graham’s remarks triggered widespread outrage across Moscow with its foreign ministry accusing Western media of trying to shield the senator from backlash.

The ministry added that Graham should publicly state if he feels his words were taken out of context in the edited video.

“If US Senator Lindsey Graham considers his words were taken out of context by the Ukrainian regime and he doesn’t actually think in the way presented then he can make a statement on video with his phone,” Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said in a video posted on Telegram.

“Only then will we know: does he think the way that was said or was it a performance by the Kyiv regime?”

Graham has said he simply praised the spirit of Ukrainians in resisting a Russian invasion with assistance provided by Washington.

He added that he’d also mentioned to Zelenskiy “that Ukraine has adopted the American mantra, ‘Live Free or Die.'”

“It has been a good investment by the United States to help liberate Ukraine from Russian war criminals,” the senator said.

Now he is trying to walk it back when in fact there is no disputing what he said. Rueters is now trying to play PR for Graham instead of actually reporting the news. Disgusting.

2 Likes

It doesn’t sound like a Jooish name, and yet he is gungho about neocon objectives.
Maybe he is Jooish but simply trying to hide his identity.

Maybe he’s just another American politician

1 Like

The interest of the Americans in general doesn’t necessarily match the interest of the neocons, but the latter always takes the precedence. Politics as usual.

If a war breaks out because of such politics, it’s the sons of the former who get sent to the front and killed.

1 Like

I think he is a F-A-G! A closet homo who gets it on with Tim Scott!

1 Like

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina on Monday tweeted that he will wear his arrest warrant from Russia as a “badge of honor.”

Russia’s Interior Ministry issued the warrant based on a video released by Ukraine of Graham’s meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

In the edited video, Graham said “the Russians are dying” and called American military aid to Ukraine “the best money we’ve ever spent,” according to Politico.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov slammed Graham, saying, “It’s hard to imagine a greater shame for the country than having such senators.”

“To know that my commitment to Ukraine has drawn the ire of Putin’s regime brings me immense joy. I will continue to stand with and for Ukraine’s freedom until every Russian soldier is expelled from Ukrainian territory,” he posted.

To the last American dollar.

And most Americans who are awake and know what is going on with Ukraine don’t agree with Lindsey Graham. Its not his money, its the American Tax Payers money!

This is priceless!

4 Likes

I would pay to see an American politician arrested abroad. No need to make a Martyr while still living.

2 Likes