Report: Taxpayers Forking Over Up to $6,500 per Illegal Alien

Much of the media attention garnered by the border crisis typically revolves around states that border Mexico like Arizona and Texas. Yet a February report reveals the devastating economic consequences of illegal aliens on taxpayers as far north as Montana.

Illegal aliens cost taxpayers in the ten states with the fewest immigrants around $454 million per year, which works out to a net tax deficit of $4,000 to $6,500 per illegal, according to a report by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR).

“In many ways, the influx of immigrants into less populous areas of the country has an even greater impact on long-time residents than it does in larger and more urban areas,” FAIR President Dan Stein said in the report’s news release. “These areas have neither the tax base, nor the economic and social infrastructure to accommodate the needs of the growing numbers of immigrants taking up residence.”

FAIR examined migration to Alaska, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming in its study and found that 88,000 out of the 415,000 foreign-born residents in these states are illegal aliens, or 21 percent. Around 35,000 others are citizen children of illegal aliens.

“Many local officials tout immigration, including illegal immigration, as a remedy to economic stagnation. However, as this report reveals, the reality is precisely the opposite,” Stein continued. “Illegal immigration, in particular, drives down wages and inhibits job opportunities for legal residents, while bringing more low-skilled, low-wage workers to these states. In turn, this increases costs to state and local governments, and discourages investment by businesses seeking a skilled labor force and lower overhead.”

FAIR notes that 29 sanctuary jurisdictions exist in these 10 states, including the whole state of Vermont.

The report also examined the financial implications of immigrants more generally, noting that more than 50,000 K-12 students in the ten states examined are categorized as having limited English proficiency (LEP). FAIR estimated that taxpayers spend $96 million on the education of these students.

Nationwide, the immigration nonprofit calculated that taxpayers spent $59.8 billion educating LEP students in 2016, up from $51.2 billion in 2010.

Matt O’Brien, director of research at FAIR, expanded on the impact of immigration on Lewiston, Maine, a city the nonprofit honed in on in its analysis, while speaking with CNSNews.com.

Lewiston, which has a population under 40,000, has taken in more than 7,500 migrants during the past decade-and-a-half. Between 2004 and 2017, the percentage of LEP students in the town went from five to 30 percent.

“You’re putting all of the kids that have to go through that school system at a deficit that they have to recover from after they get out of the public school system," O’Brien told CNSNews.com. “Now they have to compete with the massive amount of immigrants…as they’re trying to get entry-level jobs.”

The FAIR report highlighted employers’ preference for hiring foreign-born workers, who demand lower wages, over American citizens.

“This report highlights the fact that the adverse effects of unchecked mass immigration, combined with an immigration selection process that does not choose people based on individual merit, job skills and education, are now being felt in all parts of the country. Americans, in every part of the nation, are being affected by antiquated and unenforced immigration policies, which is why it is at the top of the list of voter concerns heading into the 2020 elections,” Stein concluded in the release.

https://cnsnews.com/article/national/rob-shimshock/report-taxpayers-forking-over-6500-illegal-alien

1 Like

I bet it’s a lot more than $6500. Everywhere I go now is flooded with illegals. I went grocery shopping this weekend and the place was packed, lots of EBT cards getting slid at the register…thanks to the small brood of anchor babies that these women seem able to produce in relatively short amounts of time.

1 Like

They seem like they are everywhere because they are everywhere. That’s what happens then South American/Central American countries offload their people at our door. They get a comfortable life and the rest of us get stuck paying for it.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/YQVsX3z-8kI

I wonder how many welfare dependents this couple will produce that we have to pay for or for them to pay zero income tax after a certain number of children.
Don’t those young men look like they’re waiting to sign up for collge programs that we pay for??? They’ll become pharmaceutical research technicians looking for new ways to improve crack, chrystal meth , heroin or fentanyl.

1 Like

I can’t imagine what the birthrate is for hispanic illegals and legals compared to everyone else.

2 Likes

Isn’t that what their objective is? Invade our country, take advantage of our laws and loopholes, then by proxy take it over by having many babies?

2 Likes

$6,500 is a drop in the bucket, compared to the cost of this: Why is this overlooked, when it should be run 24/7 - 365 by the media. I forgot, it would involve “truth”. 1. ## Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial - OJJPAC.org

www.ojjpac.org/ memorial .asp

OJJPAC.org on Facebook! OJJPAC.org on Twitter!. OJJPAC Illegal Immigration Links. …

See results only from ojjpac.org
2. ## Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial page 2 - OJJPAC.org

Possibly only a 3 month gestation period. They do squirt em out.

I’m at a local supermarket, as usual, using cash that I earned by breaking my back pipe fitting for 35+ years. I see a family, with two shopping carts that are so full, another ounce would have compromised the suspension. Trailing behind are 7 kids, and all babbling some form of Spanish; certainly not pure Castilian Spanish, that the educated use. Then the register, and out comes the ACCESS card. We are a nation of fools; and far to many of our elected officials have little or no depth of thought, insight, or substance. We pay them to keep our country & it’s legal citizens safe & secure. They are not doing their job; but still collect those fat paychecks. Adam Clayton Powell was spot on when he said: “Once elected, the politician’s most important job is, to get reelected”.

1 Like

Then there is this shit! Now Virginia giving out Drivers licenses to illegals! WTF?

My local tax collector, who is a friend of mine, lives across the street from a house where 15 or so illegals live. She’s driving down her street, and one of them is stopped cold in front of her. She gets out & asks him to please move his car so she can park. He says to her, I hate you fucking whites. Now she does have some local political pull, but even she gets ignored. I told her to just report them to immigration.

All Bob’s Money

https://youtu.be/enTEvon9pbw

For some groups like La Raza it certainly is.

As for the costs quoted in the OP it’s costing far more per head just for the illegals that end up being stuck in processing centers and particularly for their kids. That runs around 350.00-400.00 per illegal per day.