Phrases: Wit and Wisdom

Any who are familiar with my past efforts to argue some tough points and how little I ever seemed to achieve will recognize the inspiration for this saying:

“It’s a lot easier to build a wall’o’text than a bridge to wisdom.”

So, what are your favorite witticisms or ones which you’ve coined? What were your inspirations?

1 Like

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.

No one has a monopoly on wisdom, but I feel like Trump is one of the Founding Fathers of it:

“Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me ‘old,’ when I would never insult him by calling him ‘short and fat?’ Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!” - Donald Trump

‘‘Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.’’ – Robert Louis Stevenson​

… sadly with the modern Left it’s “wear your grandparent’s poor hand on your shoulder and claim victimhood.”

1 Like

I like that one. More:

“I loved my previous life. I had so many things going. This is more work than my previous life. I thought it would be easier.” - Donald Trump

“Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice: pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.” - fictional psychologist Sydney Freeman

Who said that? …

Did Trump really said that? Too funny.

And yes I would call it simple wisdom. :wink:

Trump is a Simple Man. Just not in the Lynyrd Skynyrd sense of the term. :wink:

Well that’s a matter of opinion, sometimes simple is most effective. :wink:

Make sure you don’t confuse “simple man” with “simpleton.” :wink:

There’s no normal life Wyatt, It’s just life. Get on with it.

Doc

1 Like

You’re my huckleberry.

I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, I won’t be laid-a-hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same of them.

“Some things just take too long to say if you’re not already preaching to the choir.” – me

1 Like

To join the mobs in forcing society toward your absolute truth, is to invite your eventual demise at its hands. -me

“If even George Lucas won’t try to cash in on it, you know it’s bad.” TMM, re: Star Wars Holiday Special on Allspark forums

“He that does not thank the guards is destined to die in his sleep at the hands of the enemy.”–asaratis

“People are just like everybody else.”–anonymous

2 Likes

“I feel more like I do now than I ever have before.”–anonymous

1 Like