Once Saved, Always Saved: Sermon for Christians Who are Doubting their Salvation

This is the sermon you need to watch, if you were ever unsure if you were saved or not. Once we are saved, we are always saved. Christians and Catholics and non-believers welcome, feel free to discuss but be sure to watch first so that you can participate in an active discussion.

Romans 8:38-39 KJV

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You know you were invited in the BGS and you might want to post this there.

I doubt that @Patriot would mind if he posts this in two places. In the BGS, 7 people will see it and can discuss there in peace. Here, all members and visitors will see it…and may learn from it whether they reply or not.

I am just saying, why not post it there too? There I feel is free to discuss open and freely your thoughts. Here? I don’t feel so much due to all the cultural Marxists here and having no desire to defend nor debate the in house clowns on this topic! Of course DC is free to post anywhere and wasn’t implying that he shouldn’t!

…and I was only suggesting he put it in both. I know of many things that are duplicated in an open forum and the Rabbit Hole.

Cool!

I was just trying to clarify my original thought, as I was in no way trying to criticize DC for this post!

Well then, feel free to sin at will…:man_shrugging:

There was no need for you to resurrect this thread other than to bury other threads that were gaining traction. I for one don’t appreciate your shill tactics.

Anyway, I am of the belief that true believers in Christ will be saved and that the rest of y’all will die in eternal hellfire over and over again. So, my advice to you is accept Jesus Christ into your lifeband enjoy the peace and warmth that his salvation brings or be prepared to suffer through hellfire for an eternity.

Apparently, it’s a very difficult choice for some.

2 Likes

The thread was last posted the day before yesterday, what are you talking about?

And why are you posting in it if you think it’s too old?

And just because YOU believe something, doesn’t make it so. F$&? All Religion.

I am struggling because I am starting to believe that the world already ended, we all died, and this space we occupy together is hell.

1 Like

Looking for attention again and an opportunity to disrespect others beliefs?

Do not forget about the justice of God. Yes, it’s absolutely true nothing external in this world has the power to overcome the individual and end up separating them from God, but you are forgetting about the individual’s own course of actions and heart.

People are trying to make that verse mean something they think it means.

I hope this is mainly just a theological debate, but there is an inherent danger in telling people that it doesn’t matter.

When you are “saved” you are saved from sin. That doesn’t mean you go on a continual unrepentant path of committing all sorts of terrible things. If you go on doing that it’s obvious you have not been saved. Now of course no one does not sin at all, so there’s not necessarily clear cut lines, but let’s just suppose we are talking about not trying to make any effort at all, and going on continuously for years doing really bad things. There is forgiveness (even for very terrible sins) but at some point, if the heart is not there at all, there is not going to be forgiveness.

There’s a big misconception out there that Jesus dying on the cross will give forgiveness to everybody. That’s not the case. Jesus isn’t suffering on the cross to forgive those who make no effort at all to repent and be forgiven.
Billy Graham (not really the best guy but he had his moments of wisdom) said in one sermon, “Listen, God is not trying to reform the world, he is trying to redeem those who will accept Christ.”

This is a bit theologically contentious, but some believe Jesus (as well as other saints along with him) has/had to suffer the just penalty for ALL the sins that needed to be forgiven.
That means it’s not a simple buy one get on free deal. More suffering is involved with more sin. Jesus isn’t going to suffer for those who will not have anything to do with him, who make virtually no effort at all. Why should Jesus suffer for them?
Theologically there is probably some level of minimum effort involved to get into Heaven. He has huge amounts of mercy, but we shouldn’t count on that automatic mercy if we’re set on going to go on doing bad things with wild abandon.

It’s said “we are saved by faith”. Where there is no faith, there is no salvation. There’s not faith when someone perpetually goes on doing bad things and never repenting. (repenting = genuine change in heart, and reversal of course)

For someone who thinks they can just repent on their deathbed, I don’t see how you could do that. If you didn’t change during your life when you were not dying, how would you be able to have a genuine change of heart on your deathbed? If that repentance would suddenly automatically disappear if you got better and found out you weren’t dying, then it’s not real repentance.

And faith without works, is dead…:wink:

The tolerant left in its truest form!