Official Coronavirus Thread - The Next Airborne Misery - Open General ☣

Pure bullshit.

IF they guess right the vaccines tend to be about 75-90% effective.

The answer to your question requires conjuring up some numbers. So hold on tight.

First we need to know the proportion of the entire population that got vaccinated. In 2015/16 which is the most recent year for which numbers have been published 45.6% of Americans over the age of 6 months were vaccinated.

In an average year the flu vaccine reduces your risk of getting the flu by 50 to 70% although the 2017/2018 flu vaccine currently seems to be somewhat less effective.

In an average year about 7% of the population gets the flu. The 2016 estimate of the US population is 323 million which means that you could reasonably expect about 22.6 million cases of the flu in a season. But if the flu vaccine is 50 % effective, that means the vaccinated people are only half as likely to get the flu. This suggests that about 6.6 million of the 22.6 million flu cases has had a flu shot. If the vaccine were 70% effective then only about 3.1 million of the flu cases would have been vaccinated.

This means that about 14–29% of flu cases can be expected to have been vaccinated or conversely that 71–86% of flu cases can be expected to have been not vaccinated

Interestingly, 90% of people who die from the flu were not vaccinated, which suggests that the flu vaccine reduces your risk of death even if you get the flu. Which is the main point of getting the flu vaccine in the first place.

That you keep posting such easily disproven BS speaks volumes as to your own sanity.

Every entry is footnoted jackass. Let’s just cut to the chase, we both know you can’t dispute the facts, they are all completely discredited nuts that have been driven from academia and science in shame.

Slight correction. There’s lots of 120 proof vodka and whiskey on the market that will work as a sanitizer.

3 Likes

Ferguson is the ‘scientist’ (I use the word very loosely lol) who was responsible for millions of healthy cattle being incinerated al fresco about a decade and a half ago. Have you heard about the CJD/BSE farce which put thousands of beef farmers out of business for the rest of their lives? Well he was responsible for it with erroneous information. All I seem to do these days is educate you.

Precisely - the hypocrisy of the West is absolutely off the scale.

1 Like
1 Like

C,
It was a rhetorical q - do I need to educate you abt the definition of sarcasm? LOL.

sar·casm

(sär′kăz′əm)

n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to express contempt or ridicule.

2. A form of wit characterized by the use of such remarks: detected a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Japan to Lift Coronavirus State of Emergency for Tokyo

Oh, really?
I didn’t know there was a state of emergency.

Yes, some restaurants and barber shops were closed but it was their voluntary decision.
I thought it was cool to travel by train and subway because there were a lot less people than usual.

We believe the propaganda bc its easier than critical thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=600&v=_7ZdhSVkefo&feature=emb_logo

1 Like

The CDC just confirmed it was all a hoax.

Most people are more likely to wind up six feet under because of almost anything else under the sun other than COVID-19.

2 Likes

@Magog I don’t know what happened mate, but my post was to TWR. You and are always on the same page? :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I was a bit surprised when I read it and thought it was probly aimed at someone else

I was probably mutlt-tasking, mate, or pressed for time for some reason. It happens on messageboards doesn’t it.

“The media could not be played.”

It would help if you wrote down in a few sentences your thoughts on thousands of media articles you post.

1 Like

A lot of people have taken the matter into their own hands, irrespective of what governing authorities have done.

That is rich coming from someone who regularly makes posts without a synopsis. Hypocrisy much?

Surely you have no sense to click on the bird?

1 Like

I guess they will do anything to keep the COVID numbers up.