Official Coronavirus Non-Political Thread: Facts and Updates ⛑

The is the official thread for facts and updates to the Coronavirus only.

This thread should be about any news related to treatment, studies, medicine, Vaccine updates, announcements and members that can provide useful information that will help our other members here to be cognizant of remedies or get ideas to solve certain problems that they maybe dealing with.

Be warned If you post anything that is not related to this topic I will promptly ask the moderators to remove your post.

https://abc7.com/health/la-doctor-seeing-success-with-hydroxychloroquine-to-treat-covid-19/6079864/

Mysterious Heart Damage, Not Just Lung Troubles, Befalling COVID-19 Patients | KFF Health News :red_circle: :red_square:

2 Likes

Australia it appears has the logistics advantage over most countries and seems to be flattening out their curves with fewer cases being reported.

2 Likes

I never thought of this. I wonder if mosquitoes can carry the coronavirus?

Verily is also running coronavirus triage and testing in parts of California. Bradley White, the lead scientist on the Debug initiative, said mosquito-suppression is even more important during the pandemic, so that outbreaks of mosquito-borne diseases such as dengue fever don’t further overwhelm hospitals.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/a-google-plan-to-wipe-out-mosquitoes-appears-to-be-working/ar-BB12ejxB

2 Likes

Hey peeps try here…

1 Like

@tyfoon @ KVN

Again it’s pretty obvious what this poster is trying to do here

1 Like
1 Like

This needs to sink in.

This is not the first incident of a deadly virus originating from China which is believed to originate from the wet markets (which have been reopened).

When are people going to learn that China is no one’s friend? China needs to be sanctioned until they can prove they have their act together.

NEW YORK (AP) — New York state recorded 731 new coronavirus deaths Tuesday, marking the biggest one-day jump in the outbreak. The state’s death toll since the beginning of the outbreak is now 5,489, according to Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

More people have now died from the coronavirus in New York City than perished in the Sept. 11 attack on the World Trade Center.

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s a billion plus dollar a year industry.

Why do you think they opened so soon in the midst of a pandemic that links wet markets to disease? Sure, it may have escaped their lab but still, they are messing with animal to human viruses.

China is NOT going to shut the industry down. They are heartless. They don’t care how many die as long as they become the dominating country.

2 Likes

Yes that last link I posted I have to question where that will go, and if it’s actually real.

1 Like

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-announces-incoming-shipments-of-ppe-provides-update-on-distribution-in-texas

1 Like

This is getting too Orwellian for my tastes.

I hope everyone stocked up on vitamin C when they had the chance.

1 Like

Scary stuff…

Vitamin D too! Go get some sunshine!

Yes. My inner gun enthusiast says those make good target practice. :grinning:

This is even more disturbing. Not sure if posting it here was the right category or not.

India was actively blocking the export of hydroxychloroquine to the US. Those greedy streetshitters wanted to keep it all to themselves. I wonder what pressure Trump applied since a good portion of the Indian economy is funded by H1Bs here in the US who send money back home.

SOS just suspended H1B’s and are now on hold.

Hydroxychloroquine is literally two times less efficient than taking NOTHING. Enjoy taking medical advice from a reality TV star!

2 Likes