No Such Thing As A Native American

You just proved my point. If the Earth’s surface was flat the existing oceans would cover the Earth to a depth of 2 miles. I’m glad we cleared that up.

Which has never been the case.

The earth is not gaining mass, it isn’t creating more land mass or more water.

Continents rise and fall due to plate tectonics. As one rises, another falls as one slides under the other.

It would be impossible to flatten the entire land mass of the earth to a depth of two miles or even a mile, it would tear the planet apart to even attempt it.

The earth doesn’t make any new water either, the only new water that comes to the planet comes from meteorites and comets that make it through the atmosphere and burn up or which crash into the earth.

Your entire theory is a fantasy, it isn’t possible.

No one said to add mass to the Earth nor water to the planet. Read more carefully please.

For your theory to hold water the mass of both water and land would have to have grown by billions of tons and the earth would have had to have expanded by over a mile since then.

Never mind. You are either being obtuse, or you need better reading comprehension.
Peace.

No, I’m simply destroying your argument with facts.

There is a limited amount of solid mass on earth.

There is a limited amount of water on earth.

To create the effect you are claiming would require flattening all the continents out and compressing the solid mass into a much smaller ball, or greatly increasing the amount of water on the planet.

You are getting closer.

Now, think…what would happen to the oceans if the continents were flattened and the sea floor was raised? No extra matter is added, only smoothed out.

Take the average elevation of the Earth and level the land masses and sea floor to that elevation.

And it still doesn’t add up to 5000’ of sea level rise or anywhere close to it.

There’s also nothing recorded anywhere in history to suggest that the entire planet has been flat.

You seem to be ignorant of geology and tectonic plate movements. You did state that at one time the tallest mountains were at the bottom of the sea. There is also evidence the sea floor is sinking now and has been for centuries.
We can assume the Earth was never billiard ball flat at one time, but the objection you made was there could not have been a catastrophic global flood because there isn’t enough water. Now we have agreed the mountains were beneath the water once, and that there is enough water to cover the Earth to 2 miles deep if it was billiard ball flat. Where is your blind spot here?

No we’re not agreeing.

There’s no evidence the continents were ever flat.

Continents rise and fall due to plates shifting, one is rising while the plate running under it falls.

There’s no evidence that the world was every completely buried in water 5000’ deep and there’s not enough water on the planet to do so.

Nonsense… I was born here. I’m a native American. :wink:

That’s crap. Liberals have told me that we’ll all drown in 12 years if I don’t agree to give them more money. That’s a lot of water my friend…

1 Like

And we both know what they are full of… .

volume of water on the earth is ~1.5B cubic km. Surface area of the earth is ~0.5B square km. So if all the tectonic plates were at the same elevation, the ocean that would cover the entire surface of the earth would be 3km (about 2 miles) deep

That’s a good point.
I once heard that the name of our planet should really be “Water” and not “Earth” because, as is now, over 70% of “Earth” surface is covered by water, the oceans and lakes.

Just like our moon, there so many anomalies (of artificial nature) about this planet and Homo sapiens that I tend to believe the whole damn solar system is a playground for “gods” but it’s another story.

If you want to split hairs, ~99% of the planet is metal…only a small fraction is water :wink:

The best way I’ve explained it to my kids is if you’re driving at 60MPH, the trip to the bottom of the ocean at its deepest point would take 7 minutes. The trip to the center of the earth would take nearly 64 hours.

1 Like

And yet there’s no evidence all the land mass of the planet has ever been at equal levels. It isn’t even possible.

The earth’s surface makes up about 1% of it’s volume including water.

How did the clam fossils migrate to the tops of mountains hundreds of feet deep in some locations?