New Robot Makes Soldiers Obsolete

Scary stuff!

Fake and gay…

2 Likes

OMG… Were there a couple of times the robot almost shot the guys? What was up with it taking off at the end?

Edit: I see from the comments below the video this is not real. Whew. :grimacing:

Cost of robot $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cost of M72 LAW Unit cost
€670 or US$750 (Converted) The M72 LAW (Light Anti-Tank Weapon, also referred to as the Light Anti-Armor Weapon or LAW as well as LAWS Light Anti-Armor Weapons System) is a portable one-shot 66-mm unguided anti-tank weapon.

M72 LAW - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is great CGI but the Boston Dynamics guys are nowhere close to this level of sophistication. Their large robot still needs to be tethered the majority of the time. It can operate untethered for short periods of time but that’s it.

The robots are being developed for Armageddon, because the Bible says that the forces of evil will have the flesh fall from their bodies, so the Devil is preparing robots to go in first, but they will fail, then the humans go in but they will die. Yeah, I know, far out, right?

I posted this to see if anybody caught on if this was real or not! That being said, if anybody is naive enough to believe that robots like these will not be a reality soon then let them be the first for a rude awakening that is soon to be coming to a door near you! !

No doubt ground has been gained; but to match the dexterity of a healthy & athletic human being, is a stretch. https://youtu.be/sguVvuIBwYc?t=22

Nope! Disagree! Closer than you think!

If damaged, can a robot repair itself like a human being? People have sustained serious injuries, and healed completely by themselves. Anyway, a $600. LAW will take out a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ robot.

There are many military functions that can be automated. However I don’t consider infantry to be one of them.

If we develop robot soldiers then I’m running for the hills!

You put a cost on Human which is fallible? You are speculating!

I think we are all forgetting, war ain’t fun without blood being spilled, human misery, and gnashing of teeth. A hydraulic leak cannot compare to real intestines spilling out on the ground, and someone in their final extremities, screaming for their mother.

WC Fields had it right about settling differences. The leaders of the countries involved should fight it out in a ring, with socks filled with horse shit.

I think you are being purposely facetious here. Robot’s efficiency is the appeal and costs less to field and maintain an army of robots than it is a human which is prone to error and would be no match, provided a Robot reaches the capacity to operate on such planes at the same level of humans do.

That doesn’t sound too appealing, besides WC drank too much!

Of course I’m being facetious. I have an idea; let’s just stop killing each other. Then we would need no military at all. Holy shit, the answer has always been there. Stop killing each other. Old adage: If you think education is expensive, check the price of ignorance.