My experience at the BMV was an eye-opener

It was that time of year again when I had to make the grueling visit to the BMV to renew my registrations for my cars. It’s never a pleasant experience but this year it was an eye-opener.

As suspected the line was long but this time it was very slow. A lot slower than past years, much slower in fact. As I stood in line waiting my turn I got to looking around the room at all of the different people.

Standing at the counter were 5 men which all seemed to be upset and arguing with the person trying to help them. Three were speaking what I think was some foreign language from Africa one was speaking with a heavy accent in French. And one was trying to interpret for them, the poor joker could hardly speak English.

From what I could gather they were trying to get a drivers license and could not understand that they needed to take a test before being issued a license. I was in line for 45 minutes and these jokers were still there when I left.

Standing in line was a Muslim woman wearing her Muslim garb. Off to the side sitting down in a chair was a Muslim Cleric. He would get up ever so often and go speak to the Muslim woman.

Standing right behind me was a Latino and his wife that spoke very little English. As it turned out he was a pretty nice guy that even with his broken English was able to hold a decent conversation. Turned out he and his wife were from Guatemala.

Ahead of me in line was a young guy talking on his cell. He was trying to score some weed. These young kids today like to talk loud on their cells. This guy didn’t even need a cell he was talking so loud.

Now behind the counter was a treat, always is. Seems that the BMV must only hire people out of rehab or fresh out of the mental ward of some hospital. One particular worker caught my eye. I think he was from Sandaistan or close to it. This joker could hardly speak English and was waving people over to his station that was just coming in. Yep, jumping line. Now I know why they don’t allow firearms at the BMV.

So, this is the new America folks. Maybe it’s not as bad at it first looks, then maybe again it’s worse. I must have looked out of place standing there in a pair of Levis, a pair of Fry boots wearing a fisherman’s sweater sporting a Boston Scally Cap with an empty Shoulder Holster.

3 Likes

You have allowed this to happen in your country and you are doing nothing to fight back.

1 Like

Well it started with Hart-Cellar in the 1960s which pretty much banned European immigration. We had the Reagan amnesty nightmare in the 1980s, and then Obama smashed the accelerator during his 8 shitty years in office, flooding the country with Muslims and Central Americans.

1 Like

Before 1965, the United States was 85% white. Today, racial and ethnic minorities make up one-third of the population. Before 1965, the immigrant stream was largely European. Today, most new arrivals to this country come from Mexico, China and India.

The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, also known as the Hart–Celler Act, changed the way quotas were allocated by ending the National Origins Formula that had been in place in the United States since the Emergency Quota Act of 1921.

Previous laws restricted immigration from Asia and Africa, and gave preference to northern and western Europeans over southern and eastern Europeans. In the 1960s, the United States faced both foreign and domestic pressures to change its nation-based formula. Abroad, former military allies and new independent nations aimed to delegitimize discriminatory immigration, naturalization and regulations through international organizations like the United Nations

Senator Kennedy claimed:

The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs." (U.S. Senate, Subcommittee on Immigration and Naturalization of the Committee on the Judiciary, Washington, D.C., Feb. 10, 1965. pp. 1-3.)

Fucking liar, they knew what they were doing.

After Kennedy’s assassination, President Lyndon Johnson signed the bill , the bastard who destroyed the west.

THIS IS IT, this is what should be the target of the recent “nationalism” uprising’s anger. This is the single document that started the downfall of the USA and western civilization. We need to start spreading word that this cancerous bill needs to be repealed. It has lasted far too long and its destruction could save this shit world.

1 Like

I blame a lot of this on multi-cultural horse crap. The idea that you can come to America and not speak our language and keep your cultural mores if they violate ours.

My Grandfather came here, as an adult fleeing communism, and taught himself english.

To the OP, Fridays and Mondays are the worst at the D/BMV. Everybody is rushed and desperate.

As bad as I hate to admit it you are right.

1 Like

The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 also known as the Hart–Celler Act, changed the way quotas were allocated by ending the National Origins Formula that had been in place since the Emergency Quota Act of 1921.

By the year 2042, white people not referring to themselves as Hispanic will no longer be a majority but rather only a plurality of the population of the United States. Minority groups, led by Hispanic Americans (mainly Mexican Americans), Black Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, and Pacific Islander Americans would together outnumber non-Hispanic White Americans.

White percentage of USA in 1970 - 87.7%
White percentage of USA in 2016 - 63.0%

Thomas Jefferson spoke quite often on the subject of immigration. The Democrats love using Jefferson as an example of their misguided immigration policies. However, Democrats always leave out Jefferson’s warnings about immigration.

Jefferson warned that we must have controlled immigration. He warned that allowing too many nationalities at one time to enter the U.S. would be bad.

“Although as to other foreigners it is thought better to discourage their settling together in large masses, wherein, as in our German settlements, they preserve for a long time their own languages, habits, and principles of government, and that they should distribute themselves sparsely among the natives for quicker amalgamation, yet English emigrants are without this inconvenience. They differ from us little but in their principles of government, and most of those (merchants excepted) who come here, are sufficiently disposed to adopt ours.” --Thomas Jefferson to George Flower, 1817. ME 15:140

Jefferson used Germans as an example of the time to show that people from differing countries needed to be dispersed within the population so as not to band together. He knew they would refuse to assimilate or it would take much longer to do so.

Democrats almost with surgical accuracy have placed Muslim refugees in specific locations in great numbers. As we are seeing they are not at all interested in assimilating.

"Is rapid population growth by as great importations of foreigners as possible… founded in good policy?..

They will bring with them the principles of the governments they leave, imbibed in their early youth; or, if able to throw them off, it will be in exchange for an unbounded licentiousness, passing, as is usual, from one extreme to another. It would be a miracle were they to stop precisely at the point of temperate liberty. These principles, with their language, they will transmit to their children. In proportion to their number, they will share with us the legislation. They will infuse into it their spirit, warp and bias its direction, and render it a heterogeneous, incoherent, distracted mass… If they come of themselves, they are entitled to all the rights of citizenship: but I doubt the expediency of inviting them by extraordinary encouragements." --Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.VIII, 1782. ME 2:118

If you ever come to Massachusetts you can have a field day.

There are even driver’s license tests in Chinese available.

Now, having to go to a RMV (Registry of Motor Vehicles) office I believe it’s every 12 years for a mug shot, I can attest that I haven’t seen anyone, immigrant or otherwise, act disorderly.

What bothers me isn’t the immigrants, but that our laws are structured around people who make up a tiny minority of the population. Many immigrants learn English, yet we must provide services in upwards of a dozen languages.

At one time there was a condition imposed on driver’s licenses that if the driver had double vision, they must wear an eye patch or other device, like glasses with one or more prisms, to suppress the double vision.

Not sure how it was enforced, & I didn’t see it when looking for it for this thread, so it may no longer exist. Prism lens prescriptions are roughly 10% of eyeglass Rx’s in the U S; I have one.

Wouldn’t uncorrected double vision affect one’s ability to drive? Yet no one is asked about, nor tested for it.

Transgender make up a tiny minority of even GLBTQ communities—yet 100% of applicants in RMV offices are asked “Have you ever been a member of the opposite sex?”

:exploding_head::crazy_face:

Your experience at the BMV/DMV is what those of us living in American cities deal with on a minute-by-minute basis.

Why should we have to abandon our cities? Our people built them. They belong to America.

Interesting…

I can’t remember the last time I had to go to the BMV to renew my registration. Not sure if all states offer the option but in Texas I’m able to renew electronically by signing into the State website.

In MA that is also a possibility, which I do. But every so often, and I do believe it’s every 12 years, drivers must show up in person for an updated mug shot.

Vision test is still done. Barring LASIK, I’d say most of us with the Corrective Lens Restriction probably cannot even find the line ordered by the official, much less read it.