More lies from Democrats

Senator Kamala Harris on California Death Penalty Moratorium

WASHINGTON, D.C.U.S. Senator Kamala D. Harris (D-CA) released the following statement today on California Governor Gavin Newsom’s announcement of a moratorium on the state’s death penalty. Harris has opposed the death penalty throughout her career in law enforcement:

“This is an important day for justice and for the state of California. I applaud Governor Newsom for his decision to place a moratorium on the death penalty. As a career law enforcement official, I have opposed the death penalty because it is immoral, discriminatory, ineffective, and a gross misuse of taxpayer dollars.

“The symbol of our justice system is a woman with a blindfold. It is supposed to treat all equally, but the application of the death penalty - a final and irreversible punishment - has been proven to be unequally applied. Black and Latino defendants are far more likely to be executed than their white counterparts. Poor defendants without a team of lawyers are far more likely to enter death row than those with strong representation. Your race or your bank account shouldn’t determine your sentence.

Here is a list of those currently on death row in CA. Once again Harris lies.

1 Like

The part that gets my goat is Harries lies about it. At one point she was for the death penalty. Another is she says the death penalty is geared towards minorities. She is wrong. The current 737 on death row in CA is a rather diverse group of inmates.

If you do the crime you face the penalty.

That reminds me of abortion statistics.

Statistics … skew this way or that depending on how you frame the question.

Do we include fifty year old cases, 25 year old cases or only those recent to see how we are actually doing? Do we assess frequency on a per capita basis of those committing a certain class of crimes at this time, for all times, or just per capita out of the population of those convicted or (worse) the general population as a whole?

With abortion it should also include the generations that might have been. The early victims after Roe could have easily been grandparents now. Abortion, like all murder of the young, has a snowball effect into the future.

Ten Years After Last Execution, California Still Far From Resuming Executions. On January 17, 2006, California executed Clarence Ray Allen , who was 76 years old, legally blind , diabetic, and used a wheelchair. He was the last person the state has executed.

Clarence Ray Allen was a white male.

13 men executed by California since 1978

9 were white
3 were black
1 was Asian

I just don’t see the racial bias as told by Sen. Harris.

I would guess that they are either including a lot of old or spurious data or are simply working on the basis that there is no justice, only power balance between groups, and so blacks are disproportionately affected if as a percentage of overall numbers they show up any more than their percentage of the general population.

Kamala Harris does not meet the requirement to run for President! She and her parents must be natural born citizens and they are not!

Or they are banking on few people will bother with checking the facts.

While all that power stuff I briefly mentioned is looney to the max the thing is that’s exactly how SJWs work. It’s how they say blacks cannot be racists: they are asserted to be without real power and are asserted that that situation will persist no matter what the facts and since racism etc are applied power…