Massive Militia 2nd Amendment Rally To Take Place At Virginia Capitol On January 20th 2020

What a few rednecks are doing is irrelevant.

Yep.

A common definition of “republic” is, to quote the American Heritage Dictionary, “A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them” — we are that. A common definition of “democracy” is, “Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives” — we are that, too.

We are a Constitutional Republic with democratically elected representatives.

We are unique in the world with the exception of countries that used our constitution as a model for their own.

Cash Purchases of Guns Surge in Virginia Ahead of Bans

After years of Democrats telling us they’re merely for so-called “common sense” gun control, Virginia Democrats are going all out on gun confiscation now that they control their state’s legislature. One proposed bill, SB 16, states that “It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or transport an assault firearm” and makes such actions a Class 6 felony (punishable with jail time between one and five years). SB 16’s definition of “assault firearm” includes 100% of assault rifles, and most types of handguns and shotguns.

The most obvious fight Virginia’s gun grabbers will have is with logistics. There’s no registry of firearms in Virginia, making it practically impossible to force anyone to turn their guns in. They have to assume most gun owners will simply be afraid of being caught with their then-illegal firearms and turn them in. One VA lawmaker did float the Orwellian idea of using credit card data to try to identify gun owners, though.

With Virginia Democrats taking over all branches of state government, a firearms store owner in the state says sales of guns, magazines, and ammunition are up 200%, and more of his customers are paying in cash.

“This is the largest Christmas and November, December that we’ve had, basically, since Trump has come on board.

1 Like

These guys should stock up on ar15 lowers. All the other stuff you can buy later.

1 Like

That is an interesting point! It seems the Marxists are right on this in what they want next to ban.

The premise of your argument is we are a democracy and the majority rules. That fails on its premise because we are a constitutional republic and the majority does not rule.

Hence, we have the Supreme Court and separation of powers.

Excellent. So you now see where I was coming from with my very first post you argued so hard against.

1 Like

You are correct. Let me substitute that pedantic precise definition for my vernacular.

There, now you can unscrew yourself from that spot and rejoin the debate. I realize that you have a tendency to get distracted by details and definitions (like Bill Clinton arguing over what the definition of “is” is, who says conservatives and liberals don’t have common ground, eh?) so please understand that you don’t need to go into how judges are appointed, the roles of the executive vs the legislators, etc. I’m just glad you are starting to realize that it will require convincing actual real people that your position is correct in order to swing the system instead of insisting that jumping up and down like Yosemite Sam and yelling that something is unconstitutional will somehow make it so.

Essentially. Is that the way we want anyone under investigation by Congress to go forward? Will Trump supporters be ok if an elected or appointed official from another party did the same thing? That pretty much neuters the legislative check on the executive and judicial branches which you would think would send Constitutionalists spinning off into the stratosphere, but when such actions seem to (in the short-term) align with individuals’ base personal desires they somehow manage to tamp that outrage down.

Exactly. “Democracy” is one-word shorthand for the US system.

1 Like

Which both parties are unfortunately engaging in and it’s damaging our establishment. It seems to me a swift reversal is necessary if we’re to avoid catastrophic results.

Precisely, but it takes a certain kind of maturity to put the integrity of the system over short-term results. Our country seems to be lacking this maturity on both sides of the aisle.

1 Like

Words have meaning so I use them correctly.

Everything I said is absolutely unarguably true on the subject. Stamp your feet and throw a tantrum if you like but you can’t show anything I said to be wrong.

“The People” in the US hold the ultimate power over the gov’t.

1 Like

For whatever it’s worth, i agree with you. Using the Confederate Flag is a big gift to the Left.
Now it didn’t used to be that way. When I registered Blacks to vote during Freedom Summer in 1964,
we wore this badge:

The implication was that the Confederate Flag represented ‘the South’. But, just like ‘American’ has always been more than a geographic reference (thus the 'House UnAmerican Activities Committee), the Confederate Flag even then meant more than just ‘the South’: no Black person would have flown one. It was the flag of the white Southern ethnic sub-group. But now the Left has succeeded (with help from the racists) in associating it with white supremacy. So it would be wise to drop it. It’s a tactical misatke not to.

The other side makes tactical mistakes as well. For them, it’s the burning of the American flag that is the symmetric counterpart: only some of the Left really hate America and are happy burning its flag. But when it happens, it’s a victory for us, because the average American associates flag-burning with the whole Left. Confederate flag, same same.

1 Like

Then everything is cool as “the people” have spoken. Everything is exactly as it should be. We can shut the bullpen down now.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Oh I’m not leaving ya! I’m still trying to understand you. It just seems you are talking in circles. You keep saying the people hold ultimate power, but you don’t expound on how things might actually change. Of course the people hold ultimate power, were a democracy (one word shorthand for constitutional republic with democratically elected representatives which is a pain to type). But it’s how that power is manifested that is important.

In practical terms, if a law is on the books, even if you or I or even the majority consider it unconstitutional but it is enforced by the legal system and we die in jail because of it, what does it matter. It’s not until “the people” elect representatives that appoint judges that rule the law unconstitutional and prevent its further enforcement that any practical difference is achieved.

So, back to my original premise re: 2A sanctuaries - if they aren’t willing to come out and say they won’t enforce ANY law that infringes on the 2nd amendment, especially those already on the books and being enforced, can we trust them to not fold in the same way in the face of subsequent laws that, unconstitutional tho you or I or anyone else claims them to be, are enforced by the courts? I don’t think so.

I’ve explained it in words even you should be able to understand.

First we can elect senators, representatives, and presidents to push back for us.

When that fails states can without the federal gov’t being at all involved amend The US Constitution.

If that fails and enough of us decide to take up arms we have that as a final option.

The founders left us all these options knowing that sooner or later the republic would likely become so corrupted “We The People” might have to take it upon ourselves to right the wrongs.

But “the people” could go the other direction. Enough could come to the conclusion that the 2nd needs to be repealed and amend the constitution in that direction. Surely you realize that, right?

Back to the issue at hand tho. 2A sanctuaries. All 2A infringements unenforceable, or only the ones the administrators there agree with? Or only for people the administrators there like the smell of? Or what? I think it’s all a bunch of grandstanding.

They could try but since we’ve got 300 million plus firearms it’s’ not likely to work out well should they attempt to do so.