Market Traders Chewin' The Fat

This is the first core-sample that I have seen.
Amazing how smooth and cylindrical it is … considering that it came from a few thousand feet underground.

The owner is obviously pleased, as is the market.

You don’t need to mash the data. Alarm for level and watch the live show.

1 Like

Screenshot_3

3 Likes

Screenshot_3

4 Likes

USDIndex Wkly

EURUSD Wkly

GOLD Wkly

1 Like

I’m back. :smiley:

1 Like

:+1: There’s more than enough to go round.

1 Like

Ha, had that happen more than once​:grin:

On April 1st Gold(phys) becomes a tier 1 asset - April fools joke? - you decide.

1 Like

Today I am testing my balls-of-steel

Last night (morning) at 01:22GMT my UJ long missed its TP by 0.9pip.
So I am still holding my UJ long into the FOMC announcement later.

That is … unless I chicken-out :chicken:

Been a while since I posted. My trading has been going well over the last couple of weeks. It is hard to say if this is a permanent improvement, but I have certainly changed my approach. I (like many) approached trading by following this process

Where shall I enter :point_right: Where shall I set my SL :point_right: Where shall I put my TP (if at all).

This is backwards. I have reversed the process by looking for a TP first. Basically, trying to spot a point where the market is almost 100% going to go and test. I did this on the simulator with no SL to see if I can achieve good accuracy and I can. After that, I look at where I will enter and this is based on having the smallest reasonable SL and the SL placement is usually quite obvious once you have decided that the market is going to turn.

Current trade is doing well, locked in some profit and my TP is at the bottom. I will probably leave it over the FOMC to see if it shoots down and closes. Otherwise, it is still a small, but worthwhile profit.

1 Like

Well … EU just punctured the upper line of the down-channel

So now let’s just watch…

( BTW I had an EU long open :slight_smile: but also still got my UJ long open :face_with_raised_eyebrow: )

FOMC press conference is live here…

Hope you got a nice chunk of her, Ex. I was on the road when FOMC announced but got to a stopping point and at least got a full scalp. Got one that’s open and covered. Looking for 50 pips.

2 Likes

Safety hit on open – gave me a couple. Good hit this morning – EU down, gold up so being careful. Lotsa EU numbers out in the morning so we may get a lotta movement in next 36 hours - so.

1 Like

Didn’t realise you were a hedger too Ex

Call me “green fingers”

So far this month I am up 13% not including the UJ long which I am still carrying :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I am still fighting back on the UJ front which is a) paying nicely on the roll-over, b) after the addition of a second position the loss is only 6% ~ 7% at the moment (so I could cut and still be in profit), c) the bloody Japs have got a bank holiday today else I’m sure this would be academic by now…

Also it is distracting me from opportunities on EU, which has just come back inside the upper down-channel bound.

Why I only trade one pair. You getting better all the time, though. I was expecting EU to go up more than it did. PA sorta telling me big boys don’t expect EU numbers to be positive in the morning.

The day’s trades. Laptop, hotspot on the run.

2 Likes

I predict it is time for a long on eurusd.

(Therefore, I have just jinxed the trade :sweat_smile:)

Edit, out for 4.5 pip loss. It would have b/e but I was out jogging when it moved 17 pips my way and I didn’t get the chance to move the stop. I’m still convinced that it is going up. Now it is just a better price.