Market Traders Chewin' The Fat

Interesting take.

… and today’s sell price is 468, you would be up 20%

All present some decent opportunities going into next week!

USOIL,Weekly

I have a similar down-trend line on EU, mine is slightly lower but I think parallel to yours.

Needless to say that yours is probably better placed than mine…

1 Like

Kuroda speaking at the IMF @ 15:00 GMT … expecting the Yen to weaken.

LONG rice

The entire global economy is retracting along the basis of slowing manufacturing orders! China is the lynchpin in all of this, as I am seeing first hand here in HK a recession has already taken root! So the Euro pairs are interesting to watch!

Are you concerned for your safety being in HK?
…or are you back in Singapore?

2 Likes

No. I am still in HK. I am heading to Macau at the moment!

It has finally hit me, as I have been prevented from entering HK today coming back from Macau! I am flying out to Thailand tomorrow for a brief retreat. The situation it so appears is affecting business now, and my office has informed me that they will be in a brief dormant period until this thing settles down, so they are giving me a vacation. Apparently its the summer and a lot of these protesters are students, so perhaps when school is back in session a lot of this will die down but who knows. There is talk that the triads are conspiring with police now. Ugh! This is getting intense, and its pissing off a lot of people who are trying to go to work, and are in commerce Trade as this is beginning to cost people some real money! The China and US trade situation is also not helping matters either.

I was going to ‘like’ your post … but that seemed somehow inappropriate. :smile:

1 Like

Scenario:
The date is 1st November, the UK is out of the EU, the back-stop / Irish-border issue is not fully resolved. Along the way some bitter words were exchanged between the UK and the EU … GBP vs USD has reached 1.20 (or lower ? )

Does the GBP continue down … rebound upward … stay the same ?

That really is a good question. The GBP IMO is the most unpredictable and it is hard to tell. If there is no deal and a Hard BREXIT occurs, then I would say down for the short term. One I would be taking a very hard look at and keeping a close eye on is the FST100 as I would wait for it to bottom out then become a buyer for the long term.

since Johnson became prime minister on July 24, Sterling is the worst-performing currency in the world

What an accolade. It seems that GBP may reach parity with something after all. So first it will be the €uro, and then the US$ … by which time Mark Carney will be saying “I told you so”.

From a fund manager:

Ian says that, if we get a hard Brexit, sterling will depreciate, and he will look to downsize NCYF’s Euro and dollar exposures and invest in the UK. In contrast, if we get a smooth Brexit, sterling should appreciate, and Ian will look to sell down sterling and add to NCYF’s US dollar positions.

So that is a useful angle upon which to ponder.

“Carnage” as he is so often referred as! Lol!

Looks like I left at the right time! Typhoon just landed in HK! Lol!

Life is good!

Logging into IG this morning, apparently only 74% of retail investors lose money in spread-betting and CFD.

The odds are improving !

@Dr_Manhattan I’m not the only person that remembers you claiming to be a CIA agent also remember when you were the CEO of a music company that was a particular funny lie what i find personally to be your most disturbing lie is claiming to be a ex soldier have some dignity and learn how to be comfortable in your own skin