Marc Elias — Democrats will try to remove Republican House members via 14th Amendment

Marc is admitting Dems can’t win the election. So now he wants to cheat. Democrats are the real insurrectionists. Just like last time.

Problem for Marc Elias is no one has been charged with insurrection.

Perhaps Elias himself will be charged by John Durham.

Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, which was passed during the post-Civil War reconstruction period, was designed to prevent officeholders under the former Confederate States of America from serving in the United States Congress. It states that, “No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress… who…. shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against [the United States].”

Loved Julie Kelly’s response to this moron!

1 Like

Does anyone seriously think that two-thirds of either chamber–let alone two-thirds of both chambers–will vote in that manner?

Lots of luck with that…

I wouldn’t put it past the Democrats to do just that. Hell, if they are trying to change our voting laws in order to federalize them what makes you think they don’t want to remove Republicans via 14th amendment? In this day in age where we are practically at war with one another, nothing surprises me.

I would not “put it past” the Democrats, ethically, to do just such a thing.

But how would it ever receive the required two-thirds supermajority in either chamber–let alone in both chambers?

1 Like