Man Who Slammed Trump for ‘Racist’ Immigration Policies Killed by Illegal Immigrant

A tragedy for his extended family.

A man who criticized President Donald Trump’s immigration policies in the name of progressive Christianity was killed last week by an undocumented immigrant who avoided deportation by hiding in a local “sanctuary church.”

Sean Buchanan, a father of five from Colorado Springs, was driving his motorcycle on Highway 83 when Miguel Ramirez Valiente swerved into his lane and killed him. The immigrant was charged with reckless driving with a revoked license.

Ramirez Valiente received national media coverage in January when he sought sanctuary in All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church in Buchanan’s hometown. Speaking from the pulpit, he told assembled reporters that he had fled gang violence in El Salvador in 2005. He said he wanted to stay in the United States to care for his wife and three children even though his asylum application was denied.

In a sympathetic report at the time, CNN said Ramirez Valiente was one of about 50 immigrants who had tried to avoid U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in a church.

However, when he killed Buchanan, Ramirez Valiente was driving with a suspended license thanks to a 2018 DUI. He was also arrested for reckless endangerment in 2011 and domestic violence in 2016. A district attorney dismissed both charges.

After the crash, a close female acquaintance anonymously told ABC 7 Denver that Ramirez Valiente is “an alcoholic and an abuser.”

Sean Buchanan was a liberal immigration activist

In the years leading up to his death, Buchanan publicly advocated on behalf of asylum seekers like Ramirez Valiente. On Facebook and Twitter, he shared political commentary rooted in a liberal vision of Christianity in between marketing and business tips.

Buchanan ― who formerly worked for Christian app company aware3 ― often retweeted posts by the late progressive evangelical writer Rachel Evan Held. In one tweet from 2016, Buchanan declared that “radical inclusivity” is “the most Christian phrase.”

Last April, Buchanan posted a New York Times column to Facebook expressing longing for a Church committed to “feminism” and “social justice” ― as opposed to the real-life “old boys’ club” that is “obsessed with dogma and rules.”

At the same time, Buchanan ― who raised two adopted black sons along with his three daughters ― was harshly critical of the president for his views on gender, race and immigration.

In 2016, he recommended an article to his Twitter followers comparing Trump to Adolf Hitler. Days later, he tweeted that the president’s hardline approach to immigration evinced “racism and ignorance.”

I used to think that #racism and ignorance on this scale would just die off with older generations, but as @GeorgeTakei points out – it continues to be handed down. #notdone #resist #freethekids https://twitter.com/georgetakei/status/1043855643759718401

— Sean Buchanan (@sabuchanan7) September 23, 2018

In February, he retweeted a post calling Trump a “racist.”

Buchanan also used his Twitter account to condemn proposed restrictions on refugees and to highlight advocacy for more generous asylum policies.

Trump has gone after the kind of immigrant who killed Sean Buchanan

Trump has sought to crackdown on undocumented immigrants like Ramirez Valiente, who ignore their deportation orders. Last month, the president made such immigrants the focus of his national immigration raids, which were widely criticized by liberals.

MORE: African Migrant Stars in ‘Diversity’ Campaign ― Now He’s Accused of Crushing 8-Year-Old Under a Train

According to ABC 7, Buchanan had recently landed a new job in Denver and was moving his family to nearby Castle Rock when the fatal collision occurred.

His wife, Kathy Buchanan, told the station that her husband was a devoted family man. She set up a GoFundMe account to help pay for funeral expenses while she tries to figure out how to move forward.

“It’s hugging my kids tight, it’s relying on friends,” she said. “It’s trying to figure out what a new normal looks like when the old normal was so good.”

My god can this story be any more ironic?

2 Likes

Perfect symmetry. …

1 Like

Ironic is an understatement

4 Likes

I believe the term for this is “spitting up at the sky”. It’s what happens when the holier than thou among us proclaim the moral high ground based upon personal opinion. Karma has a funny way of always working things out.

1 Like

I’m sorry for his family.

Otherwise hoisted by his own petard.

Unfathomable!

Bleeding heart liberals will write this off as an unfortunate coincidence. I consider it a preventable tragedy.

Sean Buchanan might be alive today had the worthless vermin, Ramirez Valiente been deported…in accordance with our LAW.

Buchanan’s blood is on the hands of every piece of shit liberal that supports illegal aliens and their existence in this country.

5 Likes

A criminal illegal alien hiding out in a sanctuary church gets drunk, gets in his car, kills the asshole trying to keep him and all like him in this country. A perfect circle has been formed.

And liberals could care less as life has little meaning to them

And that church is one of the hotbeds of liberalism in Colorado Springs, with a lib-activist “pastor”.

Not surprised that would be the church to give illegal sanctuary to someone like Valliente.

Bad things can happen to good people. It’s too bad it wasn’t a Trump supporter who got run over :rofl:

Heather heyer fat ass looked good on that hood lol

Guess what, I don’t get phased by the hatred and bigotry of Nazis anymore. I’ve come to expect it and have realized that Trump supporters are the easiest group on the planet to trigger. So delicate.

All cries of racial and economic oppression is only coming from towns run by democrats… you are the nazi kill your self, or go run in to a mustang like heather heyer did haha

1 Like

The majority of those cities are home to some of the largest companies in the United States. Atlanta in particular has had a total business boom over the past decade. If I remember right you’re from Boston. So I guess you just hate liberals but love living in a city that they built for you. Let me guess…you’re a “conservative” who’s on public assistance. You claim to “hate illegals” but you work at restaurants surrounded by them and you won’t report any of them to ICE because you’re too scared. Big tough guy, right?

Yes these cities are very good for rich white liberals, also the best schools. But why are
So many blacks crying of oppression?
Why is education so bad in these cities? 99.5% of all the new businesses opened in democrat run Boston have been opened by NON BOSTONIANS, why? Why is there no opportunity for the ordinary citizens in these cities??
And why do you attack republicans that aren’t even in these cities? Lol

Do you have a iq problem?

Let me get this straight, you’re a Republican who is angry about businesses opening because YOU can’t get a piece of the action? LOL! Aww. Too bad, so sad. Life is hard. Did you just figure that out? If you stop voting for Trump and started voting in your best interest maybe life would get a little easier for you.

No I’m wondering why blacks or people of color who make up 80% of the graduates of Boston Public schools can’t open a business? Where is the opportunity? Why do you laugh at people’s oppression? Isn’t that what you claim nazis did?

What definitive proof do you have that people of color aren’t opening businesses? Perhaps they’re going to cities that are up in coming like Austin? Maybe they’re opening businesses in places that are friendly to people of color, like Atlanta. Maybe they’re choosing to become activists and fight against the capitalist system that is a oppressing them? You don’t know so don’t speak like you do.