Lucy Letby trial: Mum walked in on nurse as she was killing baby, court hears

This story caught my attention by the shear evil of it and the fact that its not being covered by the MSM more. A nurse by the name of Lucy Letby is standing trial for murder who by all accounts has been on a murder spree for over a year killing innocent babies in the infant wards of the hospital that she work at.

A hospital nurse accused of murdering seven babies was interrupted by one of her victim’s mothers as she was fatally attacking her newborn son, prosecutors say.

Lucy Letby allegedly killed Child E by an injection of air into the bloodstream while working at the neo-natal unit at the Countess of Chester Hospital, Manchester Crown Court heard.

Prosecutor Nick Johnson KC said that on the evening of 3 August 2015, Child E’s mother visited her son in the unit.

Mr Johnson said: “We say that she interrupted Lucy Letby who was attacking (Child E), although she did not realise it at the time.”

When the mother arrived, her son was “distressed” and bleeding from the mouth, the court heard.

The mother recalled Letby tried to reassure her, he said, and told her a registrar would review the youngster’s condition and she should leave the unit.

“‘Trust me, I’m a nurse’. That’s what she told (the mother),” said Mr Johnson.

“We suggest she was fobbed off by Lucy Letby.”

Any woman who kills a newborn deserves a fate worse than death. It’s an act of pure evil, and there’s no excuse for it. The woman who did this should be put to death, in the most painful way possible. She should suffer like the innocent child she killed. Only then will justice be served.