Law Abiding Citizen Peacefully Protests With Guns Outside of Home of VA Gun Grabber and Coward Mark Levine

A permit would have all the relevant info on it.

That doesn’t matter. His driver’s license would have had the same information too, including a picture. People are not required to have a CCW in Virginia and the Virginia CCW doesn’t have a picture. I know because I have a Virginia CCW. The Virginia CCW must be carried with a valid photo ID. Since the man was not carrying concealed he was not legally required to present his CCW and the police should have known this.

Nothing prevents them from asking for it either.

Maybe you aren’t understanding what I’m saying. They would have no reason to ask for it because a permit to own and carry a firearm is not required in Virginia. It’s only required if you want to carry concealed, which he was not doing.

I get what you are saying but it’s just irrelevant.

If you are carrying in VA at all and they ask for a permit you must present it.

Open or concealed they have a right to ask when they are making an official contact with you of any kind.

That doesn’t even make any sense because if I’m allowed to open carry in Virginia I wouldn’t have or need a permit therefore I would be unable to present it.

1 Like

It makes sense to them. If you are carrying and have a permit and they request to see it you must present it.

When they contact you they have no idea if you have a concealed weapon on you no matte what you might display when open carrying.

I get what you are saying and you are correct.

However, you have a politician on one hand and a regular “joe” on the other who is abiding by every law there is.

Were I to read between the lines, the officer had to ask the question because after all, he answers to people who answer to politicians.

It shouldn’t be that way. People are sick and tired of the elitist status politicians want to pull. He should be thanking that man for exercising his rights. Unless, of course, he doesn’t believe people should have rights or wants to ignore the laws he was abiding by? :face_with_monocle:

No they do not. Open carrying in Virginia is not probable cause for anything, including being stopped and questioned.

Yes they do. Since that’s the law you would be required to present your CCW along with your photo identification.

They have reasonable suspicion to investigate as soon as someone calls it in.

No, when they first make contact they have no idea if you have a concealed weapon in addition to anything you are displaying openly.

That is exactly my argument after reading CT’s post! Thanks for posting a very precise response!

There was no reasonable suspicion because the protester coordinated this with police in advance.

I see your point on the police not knowing what he might be carrying concealed; however, if he states that he isn’t and is only open carrying then there is still no cause for them to demand a CCW.

If he was detained and searched then his civil rights would have been violated.

No, if a call was made that he was creating a disturbance, making some sort of threat etc they have RAS to stop and question.

In coordination with the Terry Stop they have the right to do a cursory weapon’s search and request ID.

They can’t legally be carrying on your property without your prior consent.

What part of public property did you not get? Or did you selectively read the OP and omitted that part from your reading comprehension? The guy was perfectly within his rights to protest where he was.

Of course they do! I’m not arguing that they don’t. The key difference is he contacted the police in advance, told them what he was going to be doing and how he was going to be doing it, this legislator didn’t like his presence, so he called the police. His displeasure with someone silently protesting in a public space is not tantamount to creating a disturbance.

The police recieved a call that the man had a large capacity magazine in the rifle.

There’s a quirk in VA’s laws that makes large capacity mag’s illegal unless you have a permit.

https://www.vsp.virginia.gov/Firearms.shtm

They had every legal reason and a duty to stop and question him and see if he had a permit.

Virginia has no law restricting large capacity magazines.

The page that you shared from the VSP says absolutely nothing about large capacity magazines either.

The other link you share just said no more than 20 rounds when carrying in public. That still doesn’t require a CCW.

I am Glad this guy did protest the way he did, it puts the issue front and center to let asshats like these know that they are being put on notice for their blatant gun grab. There is a reason why the recent gun ban on assault rifles was voted down.

1 Like

I just provided it to you.

There is a prohibition on displaying LCM’s in public unless you have a permit.

The carry permit exempts you from the 20rds mag limit.