Kamala: Nobody should be arrested for smoking weed

Easy there, big fella…lol. I have to admit that I don’t have much use for chronic users of pot. I don’t have much use for chronic users of anything that is ‘socially acceptable’. To me, it shows lack of responsibility and maturity. I don’t mind the infrequent user. I do think it’s ridiculous that pot is illegal and alcohol isn’t. I usually sit down every evening with a pour of Bourbon or Scotch… but I’m not an alcoholic or drunk all the time… and it’s legal. I’m not a pot user… never even tried it. I refuse to take anything into my lungs on purpose. I get enough unhealthy fumes on the job…lol.

Judge Robert Bork had an interesting take on why alcohol was legal at all. He claims it’s because society was willing to accept the costs of its legalization. He also likened it to automobiles and the enormous loss of life car crashes brought to the table.
He said government could easily mandate 10 mph speed limits and require cars to be made of a substance that wouldn’t shred human skin on contact. But society was willing to accept the costs of those car crashes in order to have high speed personally owned means of transportation.
President Trump is the one who signed the bill into law that legalized the production of hemp, nationwide. That gave some friends of mine the legal loophole to create “botanical” businesses that use what they refer to as Cannabinoids, fields of marijuana. All harvested for CBD products everywhere. For now, the THC content is very low. (That’s the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.)
If you’d like a legal high that mimics heroin, look no further than Kratom. It’s a coffee plant that is sold in powder form, (and it tastes absolutely awful and must be mixed in a sweet drink that masks the taste.) Kratom hits the region of the brain affected by opiates.
It is perfectly legal.

By the way, Soul Patrol. I’m like you. I don’t take ANY smoke derived substance in my lungs voluntarily. I grew up in a cigarette smoking culture, (one in the 50s and 60s where public restaurants saw clouds of tobacco smoke hanging in the air all over the place.) I prefer taking oxygen into my lungs and that’s it.

1 Like

Nice post you nailed it ! :100: :+1: :+1: