Justin Amash leaves the GOP

But Justin Amish isn’t one of them, and true conservatives shit in their own nest by demonizing him as they do. We’ve witnessed the same type thing on the left btw and it’s this type of patronizing that’s harming the nation.

I will not get into the matter of the president’s (supposedly) having committed “an impeachable offense.”

But I really do not think that “a liberal progressive” is a good fit for the GOP.

He had a very conservative voting record, on the top 25…

So I have heard. (Basically, he was a libertarian; and that often–though not always–dovetails with conservative ideals.)

But I was merely responding to your own words about “a liberal progressive.”

Im not surprised. He has been a never trumper from day 1. TDS got the best of him.

Last month, Amash posted a series of tweets about his conclusions from reading special counsel Robert Mueller’s redacted report on Russian interference in the 2016 election, saying, “Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment.”

The tweets led to Amash receiving his first official 2020 GOP primary challenger — Michigan state Rep. Jim Lower, who said in a statement that he is a “pro-Trump, pro-life, pro-jobs, pro-2nd Amendment, pro-family values Republican,” and that Amash’s remarks “show how out of touch he is with the truth, and how out of touch he is with people he represents.”

In February, Amash was one of 13 Republicans to join 232 Democrats in favor of a bill to overturn Trump’s emergency declaration to build a border wall. A month later, he defected again and joined Democrats in a vote to override the president’s veto of that measure. And in December, Amash was one of only eight Republicans to vote against a spending bill that would have provided $5.7 billion in border wall funding. According to FiveThirtyEight, Amash voted about 54 percent of the time with Trump in the first two years of his presidential term.

2 Likes

It’s not like it’s s rumor. I posted his record for you early in the thread as documented by the conservative review…he’s uber conservative.

Impeachment Supporter Justin Amash Is Only Republican With 75% CAIR Approval Rating

2 Likes

Actually, he is a libertarian; and that closely comports, very often (though not always), with conservative ideals.

Irrespective of his voting record, however, his call for President Trump’s impeachment is a disqualifier. (“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?”)

Wait, I thought he was a “liberal progressive”…

Anyway, the CONSERVATIVE Review scores him highly conservative and his voting record speaks for itself.

Otherwise I don’t know what you mean by his impeachment position being a ”disqualifier” for him.