Jury selection to begin in Trump E. Jean Carroll defamation lawsuit

50 million seems about right to shut Trump up.

Jury selection to begin in Trump E. Jean Carroll defamation lawsuit

By Barnini Chakraborty

January 16, 2024 7:00 am

Jury selection will begin Tuesday in the penalty phase of a defamation lawsuit against former President Donald Trump.

Jurors in Manhattan will be asked to decide how much money Trump, the Republican front-runner in the 2024 presidential race, will have to pay former Elle columnist E. Jean Carroll for defaming her after she accused him of rape.

He defamed her because SHE accused HIM of rape , WOW !!!

Rump at his finest:
NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump was threatened with expulsion from his Manhattan civil trial Wednesday after he repeatedly ignored a warning to keep quiet while writer E. Jean Carroll testified that he shattered her reputation after she accused him of sexual abuse.

Judge Lewis A. Kaplan told the former president that his right to be present at the trial will be revoked if he remains disruptive. After an initial warning, Carroll’s lawyer said Trump could still be heard making remarks to his lawyers, including “it is a witch hunt” and “it really is a con job.”

“Mr. Trump, I hope I don’t have to consider excluding you from the trial,” Kaplan said in an exchange after the jury was excused for lunch, adding: “I understand you’re probably eager for me to do that.”

“I would love it,” Trump shot back, shrugging as he sat between lawyers Alina Habba and Michael Madaio at the defense table.

The Verdict:
NEW YORK — A federal jury has found former President Donald Trump liable for battery and defamation in the lawsuit brought by writer E. Jean Carroll, who says he raped her in a Manhattan department store in the mid-1990s.

The nine jurors, who deliberated for barely three hours before reaching their unanimous conclusion, did not find that Trump raped Carroll. But they agreed that he “sexually abused” her and that he defamed her when he denied her story.

Carroll was awarded $5 million in total damages for both claims.

He still could not shut his big mouth and continued.

He will lose again and it will cost him 10 million or more.

He has zero respect for the judicial system, the American people and you want this asshole as president.

Yes… I want the asshole for President. What other choice is there? Not one Dem will I/could I vote for. Trump will win the nomination with no problem. So… again… who ya gonna vote for?

Millions of conservatives and repubicans across the country and you want Rump. Pathetic.
Trump is still electorally toxic, no matter how unpopular Biden is. Republicans could expand the map with focused conservative candidates (such as DeSantis) who draw a contrast not just with Biden’s failed policies but with his age and incompetence. Donald Trump fails on those grounds as well. That is why Republicans underwhelmed in 2022, and it is why they will likely do so again.

Wanting Trump has nothing to do with this. I really don’t want him… but he IS going to be the nominee. What don’t you understand about that? What millions of conservatives and republicans are running? Who are they that you think we have a choice of?

I understand how you feel about Trump… quite a few on the right feel the same way, but he is what we we are going to get… Biden or Trump. Like I said, it’s really a no brainer. We can all start the arguing after these next 4 years are up about which bright, new rising star of the Right we will suppport. Right now, this moment in time… it’s Trump. Do what you will. I know what I’m going to do.

Who do you the Dems to nominate.besides Slow Joe, Kamala Harris ,Corey Booker!!!

I don’t have a clue. I don’t bother paying attention to any of the clowns on the Left. RFK Jr. is the only viable person on the Left… IMO. The rest are f***ing fools.

President Biden’s reelection bid may be getting some help from an unlikely source: Republicans.

A slow drip of Republicans and former Trump administration officials are outright saying they would vote for Biden over former President Trump in a general election rematch, citing their belief that Trump poses a risk to U.S. democracy.

“While I’ve never voted for a Democrat a day in my life, I would support Biden over Trump if he becomes the GOP nominee. I won’t support someone who refused to participate in a peaceful transfer of power, tried to overthrow a free and fair election, and incited a mob to attack the U.S. Capitol,” Sarah Matthews, a former press aide on Trump’s 2020 campaign and in the Trump White House who resigned on Jan. 6, 2021, told The Hill.

The willingness of some Republicans to cross party lines hints at what may become a key factor in November: If Trump-skeptical Republicans can swallow their concerns and back the former president, or if they vote for Biden and bolster his coalition in what will likely be a close race.

A Decision Desk HQ average of national polling shows the former president leading Biden by roughly 1 percentage point. Recent swing state polling shows Trump leading Biden by 8 points in Michigan and Georgia, while Biden is narrowly ahead in Pennsylvania.

Strategists have said November’s election may depend on which candidate best gets out their base given the limited number of persuadable voters to chase.

I will vote for WHOEVER is the GOP nominee and NEVER for ANY demoRAT !!! RFK was peaching reparations along with many leftist ideas like all the Kennedy’s . He fooled the GOP …
Kennedy’s run is also getting plenty of financial support from the right. A super PAC supporting Kennedy’s presidential run, called Heal the Divide PAC, has deep ties to Republicans, Federal Election Commission records show.

1 Like

So who are you going to vote and are you one of those dogs that likes to chase it’s tail?

If not Trump who you going to support?

His wife was caught on Epstein island and has fallen far.

Whoever is the GOP nominee I will vote for. So… I will vote for Trump. :wink:

1 Like

I didn’t know about the reparations. F*** him too.

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. supports issuing reparations to the black community, making him the most prominent 2024 candidate to favor the controversial policy meant to atone for slavery and legal segregation.
“During Jim Crow, Black banks, businesses, hospitals, schools, and farms were targeted for destruction. Racists knew that without these, the Black community had no chance of building wealth. We must set federal dollars aside to rebuild Black infrastructure.” This on top of giving bidding contracts to minorities even when they are the HIGHEST BID !!!

1 Like

This is exactly what it boils down to. It doesn’t matter what you think, like, don’t like about Trump. He is the only hope for this country at this particular time in history. You either vote for the prosperity of your country or you vote for it’s downfall. It’s really as simpls as that.

2 Likes

It’s put up or shut up time! But they will start a war before November?

1 Like

What our proxy wars in Ukraine, the middle east not enough for you?

1 Like