Jeb Bush: Trump needs Republican challenger in 2020

I will definitely do that! Thanks for the reference!

Nil.

I dropped the mic, don’t need to say any more.

For sure! She has a few other books on food and nutrition that look good, but i have not yet read.

Ok, i guess you won’t. Interesting summary of our republic at the least.

Are there any thread police here? I feel like this has strayed pretty far.

Somebody wants his mommy, Is that you Jeb?

“Slight Redistribution”? Healthcare is over 20% of the US economy.

Only if your house pets are livestock.

Only by those wearing blinders. If the Judiciary was non partisan confirmation hearings would not be such a political circus. For at least a hundred years the courts have been ridiculously political hence all of the social changes forced on us through the courts because they kept failing at the ballot box.

Around 55 million people watch broadcast news every night.

Fox averages about 2.5 million viewers for their prime time news shows.

This is why I invited you to come on that thread I created earlier. There you can expand on policy issues that are either progressive or democratic, and Conservative ones. Its pretty broad in the topics we can discuss.

This whole Jeb Bush thing is just so underwhelming. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

A politician no one wants trying to remain relevant

Trump is likely the best thing that could have happened for the rest of the world ya’all. He’s destroying the US’s reputation and it’s economic power in a time in which China benefits hugely by the US’s loss of ability to compete. 4 more years! 4 more years!

China’s rise to become the world’s major power could be accomplished within the 5 remaining years of Trump. (hopefully)
That which would have ordinarily taken China 10 years to accomplish.

The Chinese economy slowed sharply last year, the slowest in 28 years. Thank you Donald…lol

It’s still doubling the US economy’s growth, which has also slowed down. The US is going to learn the hard way that fair trade is the only way forward.

Get back to me in a few months.

I agree with almost everything you wrote above, except the “why”

The problem with his character is that he’s an incompetent leader. He doesn’t seem to have the requisite traits to build an effective team. It seems that he has few loyal subordinates, he can’t get control of the executive branch and that’s why he can’t get his most prominent promises, like the wall, to the finish line. I’ll bet that even Kellyanne Conway goes home and says to her husband “you won’t believe what that jerk said today.” I think that most of the people on his team are there to make a difference in the direction of the country, and they do it despite Trump’s obnoxiousness.

That’s just my guess, but it’s the only reason I can think of for his lack of success on many fronts. I’m very dissatisfied with his performance, I think he’ll lose if he runs again and I think the odds are good that he’ll find a reason to not run again. The only way Trump wins again is if the Dems nominate someone even worse than Hillary, not an easy thing to find.

I couldn’t care less that he “divides the country” because taking some of his positions, on illegal immigration for instance, is guaranteed to get the libs into white hot fear and loathing. In fact, one of the few compliments I’ll give Trump these days is his fearlessness in taking that on. Most in the GOP fear that heat from the liberal mob, especially the propaganda press.

Trump could have, and should have, built a better team and made it a real team all pulling in the same direction. Trump’s team is far less than the sum of its parts. Trump should also have been capable of making weasels like McConnell fear him more than they fear the disapproval of the NY Times.

1 Like

When China’s GDP gets even close to the US get back to me…maybe in 50 years…lol

What a steaming pile.

We’d rather be respected than liked and as much as I dislike Trump it was long past time we quit bending over and taking it from our “Trading Partners” with unfair tariffs and other barriers to US trade in their countries while getting a free ride here.

Of course you’ve already demonstrated you know absolutely nothing about economics so it isn’t like anyone is about to take you seriously anyhow.

China’s GDP will exceed ours in 10-12 years unless we reverse the tide.

Trump built the best team he could. “The Best People” simply don’t want to be associated with him

His lack of character and anything resembling a firmly grounded belief system are a huge part of both problems, the problem with not being able to recruit the best people and the divisiveness he’s expanded greatly since taking office.

Even where I agree with him on most of his policy initiatives I recognize he’s been pure poison for the country.

1 Like

Naaa it will slow geometrically as their GDP aproaches the west’s.

The US will survive him as it has past assholes. His bellicose bullshit is a lesson learned from the Bush last term when GW was just mailing it in.