Is this a Free Speech Site or What? YES! There will be consequences for shutting down the speech of others too!

That’s why I issued an official warning to him and provided an explanation. I was hoping to have a positive exchange and we could have simply deleted that last line of his post…and moved on.

This is where I disagree with you. He wasn’t willing to work with me on this. He simply said that he didn’t care. If he doesn’t care about this community, or what I was trying to do as moderator of this community, then he has no place here.

3 Likes

Seems like you guys got a good deal here. A private party space that’s rent free. Probably not very smart to piss off your hosts.

Licking arse may be your style but it isn’t mine.

My dad used to say, you get further in life with a little bit of honey than you do with vinegar. God rest his soul. The man was right about everything.

3 Likes

I’m not saying that your response wasn’t appropriate - telling you to bug off was worth punishment. I don’t know verv and don’t really care how harsh the punishment is, but a forever ban would be harsh unless there’s continued defiance.

:rofl: if you say so.

Why can’t liberals ever appreciate getting a free ride?

1 Like

Who’s the liberal, knuckle dragger? :grin:

They are just kvetching because one of their own played a stupid game with the mod and got their pecker smacked. Then they doubled down and made this stupid thread expecting people to back them up.

2 Likes

“They” is overstating it somewhat.

3 Likes

You Brits are Brilliant Musicians!

3 Likes

Good point - that was an over-generalization on my part. Most of the responses have been fair. Really only one person stirring the pot as far as I can tell.

1 Like

I bet you don’t know what it’s like to have friends who you can count on! Says more about you than me.

@Ashley your father was right. Unfortunately, we are no longer in an age of civility and manners. Everyone is a victim whose rights have been violated and has a grievance that must be resolved.

5 Likes

They just listened to Lou Reed alot.

3 Likes

Underrated post @IceGuy44

1 Like

Yeah, that was good exchange between the two. I actually enjoy reading it.

2 Likes

The salt in this thread is delicious.

3 Likes

Technically, you can get even more flies with poop than you do with honey…

but I agree with what you’re trying to convey. Being nice should be the preferable route to take when working with others. Some people like to be rude and then manipulate others to get what they want when being forceful and rude doesn’t work.

1 Like

Thanks for saying so @Larry! It sure is a shame that folks just can’t take a bite of humble pie every once in awhile. Everyone needs to be a victim.

Before @Jen had the complete picture of what happened, she decided to start this thread and lay down the gauntlet. When you read through the series of events it’s pretty clear what happened and why. If I were in her shoes and I wanted my friend back I might be a little nicer about it and privately explain that there was some kind of misunderstanding.

2 Likes

I think the saying was “you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar” but nevertheless the message is not lost. Lol!

I agree, disrespecting the host is not going to endear you to have a favorable response from the moderator.

3 Likes