Is it time to abandon our troops AGAIN?

Where’s the constitutional authority….

I Agree with that statement , we need to stop sending our boys to foreign Countries to DIE . We have NO interest there .

Yep , the hated pimp Obozo years !!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

And therein lies the rub. It’s completely unreasonable to think that the United States would go to war against a nation the likes of China, to defend a very tiny island nation as Taiwan….

Why in hell should US soldiers die to defend anybody’s “right” to independence, other than Americans???

And, we’re already crowding 30 trillion dollars of national debt. According to Trump, the US spent (read: wasted) 7 trillion fighting tin pot dictators across the ME. How much are you willing to throw at a war with CHINA!!!

Call Biden what you may, but engaging either Russia or China in direct military action is NUTS……

Also, a war with either of them could result in us experiencing the first bombing of our mainland and deaths of American civilians and American infrastructure….

In other words, when you think this through, the tiny island country Taiwan suddenly becomes insignificant……

NOT WITH THE DUMBASSES IN OFFICE TODAY !!!

1 Like

Bullshit. China’s annexation of Taiwan is a matter of when not if……

Get over it.

I didn’t say anything about using U.S. soldiers. If a country shows a willingness to fight for their sovereignty against an invading force or insurrectionists,Iwould support arming and training them
In ROCs( Taiwan) case, they haven’t a chance by themselves. If and when Communist China invades, they need all help possible to Prevent Communist China from occupying this strategic island and disrupting shipping and threatening the Philippines and other countries.
As a Communist China sympathizer, you are in blind obedience to their ultimate goals.

I’m not a sympathizer of anyone. I just am unwilling to defend Taiwan….

The only chance Taiwan would have of defeating China, and that is FAR from a given, is with direct US involvement. And I’m here to tell you, that’s not going to happen. Taiwan WILL be absorbed by China, despite your solemn protestations….

I know that it’s a political reality however I don’t believe in abandoning ROC without a fight and allowing them to increase their power in Asia and threatening nearby countries.
By throwing the ROC to the wolves, the U.S is giving Communist China the ability to expand their influence unchallenged and our approval. Them like Russia are a cancer to the world and need to be challenged or terminated.

It doesn’t matter what the US does. You’ve got to come to grips with the reality that American power is no longer absolute. China will move when the benefits outweigh the risks and there’s nothing the US will do by that time, because of our own risk/reward assessments….

Yeah, again it’s too late for that….

Russia and China stymied U.S. policy initiatives in Syria during the Obama/Trump administrations as well as annexing Crimea and part of Georgia during the Bush/Obama administrations, and most likely Russia will complete their objectives in Ukraine as China will in Taiwan.

BTW, I guess it didn’t escape you that Xi Jingping and Vlad Putin are best friends and relations between the two countries has no bounds……

What matters now is we havethe consequences of 8yrs of Obozo and now 4yrs of Bidet, both weaklings in foreign affairs. Both are more interested in not hurting feelings than calling out Putrid and PingPong.Trump had no such reservations. He knew how to get his point across without Ukraine or anything like it happening. We will pay this price till 2024.

Trump praised Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, as well as his recognition of the independence of the Donbas and his special military operation to protect the Russian speaking citizenry in eastern Ukraine. He said Putin was smart. So don’t tell me what Trump would have done. Absolutely nothing but suck Putin’s Dick as he did for four years……:roll_eyes:

What Putin was counting on is Trump winning re-election and dissolving NATO which Trump had no use for. Then Putin would have moved across Ukraine unimpeded….

That “HELP” needs to be from OTHERS we are spread far too thin and no longer have the military of old .

Where ya been???

And don’t forget Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen and all the other places we’re fucking up.

2 Likes

Over 4,000,000 fled Ukraine 500,000 J-e-w-s left Why the hell send US troops there when the own people take off ?

The world is not going to war over that tiny island nation………

China’s military buildup on South China Sea islands threatens region: US commander (nypost.com)
China has equipped at least three islands it has built in a disputed area of the South China Sea with anti-aircraft missile systems, fighter jets and laser and jamming equipment — a buildup that threatens all other nations in the region, a top US military commander said over the weekend.

Adm. John C. Aquilino, the head of US Indo-Pacific Command, told the Associated Press that Beijing’s activity is part of “the largest military buildup since World War II.”

“They have advanced all their capabilities and that buildup of weaponization is destabilizing to the region,” he told the outlet.

China has defended its actions as defensive in nature to protect its sovereign rights in the region. Beijing, which has the second-largest defense budget after the US, is modernizing its military with hypersonic missiles, a J-20 stealth fighter, and two aircraft carriers, with another under construction, the report said.
The US deployed ships to the region to ensure unfettered navigation in the international waterway as part of a mission it calls freedom of operation but which China terms a provocation.

The Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Taiwan and Brunei also claim part of the sea through which roughly $5 trillion worth of goods are shipped every year.
AWAYS ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$ $$$$$$

Imagine for a minute that China is pursuing its national and regional interests just like America does…

There’s the crime. The US goes to war everywhere and anywhere it decides is in its best interest….America wages economic warfare against any country it wishes to, whenever it’s in our best interests. Even if we set aside the fact that those interests aren’t necessarily the interests of the collective America, but rather that of our oligarchs, the US has had the biggest stick for a century and what’s pissing people off is that other players have become fed up with the bully and after a couple of decades of preparation, they’re now pushing back on the US and have actually successfully interfered in our foreign policy, as we saw in Syria, Crimea/Donetsk and now Ukraine as a whole.