Is it fair to conclude that we will not be able to grow our way out deficits and debt?

Did Reagan massively increased our economy/growth. Did those hundreds of billions of dollars plowed back into privates help created the condition?

Yes or no?

Did Reagan policy expanded our economy…yes or no?

One that evidently lead to Clinton able to increase taxes.

Keep in mind it is my opinion that Clinton was beneficiary of Reagan expansionism.

Maybe I misspoke about Clinton. But he benefited from it.

Expand our economy? We’ve been discussing deficits and debt.

Regan exploded both with his tax and fiscal policies.

Re: GDP under Reagan, it increased primarily because he increased spending. And of course, he neutered his tax cuts with the largest tax increase - aimed primarily at the middle class - in history to date.

Yes, the economy grew. Not because of tax. But because of spending. Primarily military spending.

Oh…so all those billions plowed into high tech industry due to Reagan tax cuts didn’t benefited Clinton?

Really?

Hm…

I’m not so sure about that. There were four years between Reagan and Clinton and quite a bit happened re: the economy.

I’m not sure what you are referring to. Do you have a source for the claim that Reagan Tax Cuts let to investment in the high tech sector?

You think industry can do research and development overnight, build it’s infrastructure etc?

There usually a lag time of 7 years. Which regulations doesn’t help because they have to write them as well as new tech/business are being developed.

Oh I might add palms to grease. :wink:

You need source to think? To make up your mind? :sunglasses:

You are claiming specific things to bolster your case. Without knowing the veracity of those claims, I can not fairly judge your over all case.

I am not aware of evidence that the pagan tax cuts led to investment in the high tech sector. Therefore, I can not agree with your argument. If you can show me otherwise, my mind might be changed.

It’s about commons sense. Those trillions of dollars over those years taken from goverment plowed back into the private sector…did that help create economic expansion? If so did Clinton benefit?

If not why not? You think you can divert that kind of money overnight? It takes years. Logic alone should convince you of this without links…or having someone to tell you how to think. Us your own common sense. You’re not stupid.

Some may even say break up of Bell help spun the internet era by allowing more competition.

Again one that Clinton benefited.