How many people in the US have actually died from the corona virus? # MN legislators review thousands of deaths attributed to COVID, discover up to 40% due to other causes

MN legislators review thousands of deaths attributed to COVID, discover up to 40% due to other causes

By Thomas Lifson

There is plenty of anecdotal data about people who die in motorcycle accidents and the like with a positive COVID test being officially listed as COVID deaths. This allows those who want to scare us into submission to draconian restrictions on our liberty to misrepresent the magnitude of the threat.

Emma Colton of the Washington Examinerreports:

Two Minnesota state lawmakers are calling for an audit of death certificates that were attributed to the coronavirus, saying COVID-19 deaths could have been inflated by 40%.

State Rep. Mary Franson and state Sen. Scott Jensen released a video last week revealing that after reviewing thousands of death certificates in the state, 40% did not have COVID-19 as the underlying cause of death.

Rep. Franson and Sen. Jensen (YouTubescreengrab)

“I have other examples where COVID isn’t the underlying cause of death, where we have a fall. Another example is we have a freshwater drowning. We have dementia. We have a stroke and multiorgan failure,” Franson said in the video.

She added that in one case, a person who was ejected from a car was “counted as a COVID death” because the virus was in his system.

Franson said she and a team reviewed 2,800 “death certificate data points” and found that about 800 of them did not have the virus as the underlying cause of death.

Jensen pointed out that he gained attention back in April when he criticized the Minnesota Department of Health for following federal guides on recording coronavirus deaths.

“I sort of got myself in hot water way back in April when I made the comment that I was, as a physician, being encouraged to do death certificates differently with COVID-19 than with other disease entities,” Jensen said.

I am certain that Democrats do not want an audit of the national COVID death toll, but that should not constrain others from carrying out a comprehensive national study of death records, which are public documents. Funding may be an issue, but this is an urgent priority, and I would gladly donate to a fund sponsoring such an audit.

1 Like

Most of us know there has been serious manipulation in the death count from this virus. I hope it is going to be over soon, now that the Left got what it wanted. Can we all go back to work now?

1 Like

I suspect the is the new norm. This is about power and control. Governors and mayors now control businesses and who will work and how thy will work.

I do not understand why people have not gone into open revolt over the damage done to their future. This isn’t going away just like the common col, th flu have never gone away. They are viruses and we have learned to live with it. The panic over the corona virus was blow out of proportion, how do you walk that back???

1 Like

Easy no difference Between last years deaths and this years deaths

That makes far to much sense as the government and MSM rant on.

1 Like

Don’t know if you actually read the report, but the blame, if there is any, was laid squarely at the feet of the Trump administration…

If you’re right, and the numbers have been manipulated as you insist. One has to wonder why the Trump administration is doing so…:thinking:

“For 17 years, the CDC document that guides us as physicians to do death certificates has stood, but this year, we were told, through the Department of Health and the CDC, that the rules were changing if COVID-19 was involved.”

One thing for certain the monte continues in the land of make believe and thinks for some unknown reason a president, any president could change what has happened.

1 Like

Did you notice that in the red state of Iowa, there was a very large amount of Covid infections causing meat processing plant closures due to not following CDC guidelines. 7 managers have been fired for taking bets on how many of those workers would catch Covid…

Take a look at the link below and see what happens when republicans run things. If you only read the first couple paragraphs, you’ll see…

So, the problem is the hypocrisy. Republicans hate the American worker, they’ve attacked the unions that once insured a comfortable middle class living, and replaced the jobs with work visa holding immigrants and undocumented immigrants. Why, money. And republicans are the epitome of hypocrites on this.

And that far as Trump whom we just fired, told business owners like myself to buy American and hire American while his brand products are manufactured overseas and his properties here are staffed with work visa holding immigrants. Why? Because he’s a lying hypocrite and America just fired him…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/05/29/business/economy/storm-lake-iowa-immigrant-workers.amp.html