How Many Calibers do you shoot?

You don’t happen to have a 30Carbine AMT?

I have wanted one of those since I first read about them.

Who is this “we” Kimosabe?

Samm and I listed Shotgun gauges.

:wink:

Not gonna find surplus for it but ammo is cheap and abundant and will remain so since it’s been latched onto by the LR and Tactical shooting crowds.

Both can be made from .308win brass.

Ammo and components for the swede are harder to come by.

Remington and Ruger both have some nice offerings in both .260Rem and 6.5CM.

At least in N. America I’d rate them as better choices for your purposes than the Swede.

I missed it. … . more characters. I hate that.

I got dragged into 410ga by teaching the kids to shoot. Now I use it as a playing field leveler when we shoot trap. The odd part is that the exceptionally light firearm and un-intimidating kick of the 410 seems to lend itself well to Trap shooting.

Same with the .28 which patterns better than all others with the 13g being a close second.

I shoot ounce or 1 1/4oz loads at all upland and most waterfowl so there’s little difference other than size.

28/16’s are universally built on smaller/lighter actions where few 20’s and almost no 12’s can be.

I never shot a 28ga, but we had a 16ga humpback short sheller. It was fun to shoot, but we tired of reloading for it.

Ammo is a write off for me, so too are reloading supplies. :grinning:

.223*
.308*
30-06
9mm*
.357*
.44 Mag*
.45 ACP

“*”denotes what I shoot most often. The S&W 629 in .44mag is by far my favorite, it’s also the most expensive handgun I own. The .308 rings the bell as my most expensive rifle… topping $8,500 if you count the glass.

You are full of shit.

No. I have a 30 carbine Ruger Blackhawk (3-screw of course) and an M1 carbine. But yeah, an AMT would be cool.

I own a 629 Mountain Gun and love it. It has a lot more 44Special shot through it than full boat loads. :slight_smile:

Ooooh, I forgot about the Blackhawk!

I have the Taurus 4" 44 TI.

With the porting you can tolerate the 250gr 44m “bear killers” but it’s flat out fun shooting the Hornady 44spl.

I actually bought one just to use for my revolver qualification portion of the LTC instructor course. We’re required to qualify with both revolves and semi auto.

At the price of .41m I wasn’t about to shoot it. and the 7.5" six shot 44m just isn’t practicl for prolonged strings of fire.

That’s a good looking gun.

Those gummy Taurus grips are some of my favorites.

Both of these have the rubber grips that are sort of sliced. Incredibly good shock absorber effect and they just stick to your hand like glue.

The 6" and 7.5" have the form fitting finger groove grips that are pretty good, still rubber, but not quite the shock reducing effect of the 5 shot 4" models.

The reliability of the Taurus revolvers cannot be beat either.

2 Likes

I measure my ammo stash by the pound because the number of rounds takes too long to say. :wink:

1 Like

Mines the 629 Competitor. It’s an absolute joy to shoot…not so much carry daily though.

The added weights under the barrel really tame the recoil. I took a tactical handgun course with it once and everyone thought I was nuts. But I put 500 full load 44mag rounds through it that day and my hand didn’t even ache.

On the flip side, I also shot 6 rounds through a 329PD… the scandium framed one… those six rounds hurt more than all 500 from the other gun. I sold the 329 the next day only having shot 6 rounds through it.

1 Like

Wow! That is a thing of beauty!

This might seem an odd question, but what are the weights made of. It would be a cool thought to make weights of Tungsten (2x mass/size of steel) and then one could “tune” where to put them for max performance.

Yes, I’m a geek!