House votes in favor of illegal immigrant voting

The party of un-American values, going full speed ahead. I guess we should be driving to Mexico and cast our vote there too. Dems are losing their heads, and they think they’ll have to dip into illegal votes along side other election fraud schemes to win 2020.

House Democrats voted Friday to defend localities that allow illegal immigrants to vote in their elections, turning back a GOP attempt to discourage the practice.

The vote marks a stunning reversal from just six months ago, when the chamber — then under GOP control — voted to decry illegal immigrant voting.

“We are prepared to open up the political process and let all of the people come in,” Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat and hero of the civil rights movement, told colleagues as he led opposition to the GOP measure.

The 228-197 vote came as part of a broader debate on Democrats’ major legislative priority this year, HR 1, the “For the People Act,” which includes historic expansions of voter registration and access, as well as a major rewrite of campaign finance laws.

The measure would have had no practical effect even if it had passed. Illegal immigrants — and indeed noncitizens as a whole — are not legally able to participate in federal elections.

But Republicans had hoped to send a message to localities such as San Francisco, where noncitizens are now allowed to vote in school board elections.

“It sounds like I’m making it up. What kind of government would cancel the vote of its own citizens, and replace it with noncitizens?” said Rep. Dan Crenshaw, Texas Republican.

He pointed to last year’s vote, when 49 Democrats joined the GOP to decry noncitizen voting.

On Friday just six Democrats voted in favor.

A 1996 federal law prohibits noncitizens from voting in federal elections, but there is no prohibition on localities, and indeed a number of jurisdictions allow it, to some extent.

Famously liberal Takoma Park, a small jurisdiction in Maryland, has for several decades allowed noncitizens, including illegal immigrants, to vote in local elections.

Experts say as many as 40 states or territories allowed noncitizen voting dating back to the nation’s founding.

San Francisco in July began allowing noncitizens to vote in school board elections — though they must be parents or legal guardians of students.

God damn can we just get this civil war started already? I’ll do my part. We all chip in and we can win this thing in about 3 days flat. We will be good for another 150 years. Seems like a good investment of time.

You can’t possibly say you didn’t see this coming. It’s been in the works since Reagan was first tricked into granting amnesty back in 86.

2 Likes

Regardless! What are Americans going to do about it is the more pressing question that needs answers soon!

Nothing. We all go to our respective forums and bitch about it, of course. Dont forget to make your fist into a ball and shake it angrily in the air for 4 times, that’ll surely show them libs our power.

2 Likes

Nothing.

AMERICANS, CITIZENS sent the people to congress. This is what the majority wanted.

So instead of 300,000 illegal votes we will soon see 25,000,000 illegal votes ???

3 Likes

Of course. Best government money can buy. Foreign or domestic.

Yeah, because the people in congress are actually representing the people who voted for them. No wonder they’re pushing so hard to allow illegals to vote for them. I mean clearly they need all those extra voters with the wonderful job they’re doing. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Local, not Federal elections. Things like mosquito control, school board members.

That’s the narrative sure. Don’t worry. Once they get their way here, times will be a changing.

I refuse to submit to indifference. I see it with every response here and its pretty pathetic.

It’s not indifference.

We are faced with a portion of our population that sees no problem with subverting the constitution. They need that feel good feeling as they are helping the poor people coming into the US. The people of the US will eventually wake up to the reality of what our feel good brothers are doing to this country and revolt. Look at pre WW2, Americans were ambivalent to the reality they were about to be engulfed by WW2. It took a slap in the face with the attack on Pearl Harbor to wake them to action.
Will it be too late?

I personally am angry as hell. I’m watching the state I live in transform into a liberal hell hole. I’m watching our governor who lied about his centrist views and will shortly sign the document to sign away our electoral votes. I’m mad as hell that I worked my ass off and paid taxes over the years only to have the liberal idiots give away instate college tuition to illegals yet demand out of state veterans pay full price.

The list is endless. I have talked my head off trying to get people engaged yet they do nothing. I have purchased a home in Wyoming where they still have their heads screwed on straight.

And yes, Americans are pathetic.

2 Likes

Completed analysis of database of 180 million voter registrations.

Number of non-citizen votes exceeds 3 million.

Consulting legal team.

Voter fraud doesn’t exist especially when you don’t look for it.

1 Like

Kind of like illegals, there are none until you look for them. I find the illegal issue interesting. The media and government hide the real number of illegals and the cost of illegals hidden as most Americans would be appalled and scream for action if they only knew.

1 Like

This is reminiscent of the GOP Congress kept voting to repeal Obamacare shortly after they took the House in 2010.

It’s a symbolic gesture to their base.