Hospitals will have to post prices online starting January 1

I’m a runner, too. I have a runny nose and often run my mouth, make a beer run to the store…and occasionally make a slow run to the bathroom.

I get my exercise acting as pall bearer for my friends who exercise…and walking my dog.

1 Like

Are you 30 pounds over weight, obese? That’s a poor lifestyle choice.

I have a new knee, same reason as you. I no longer run but use the recumbent and rowing machine every day when home, off days I use the elliptical at my daughters. I am not over weight or obese and other than wearing out the knee healthy.

The difference between a person overweight and not exercising and you is quite different.

Yep, I get your drift. :wink:

1 Like

So far, I’ve outlived them all. :innocent:

I do EVERYTHING…in moderation!

2 Likes

You’re being pretty harsh LouMan.

No, I don’t have a new knee. I can’t row (used to LOVE that, what a great workout) without my knee swelling to the size a balloon. I don’t have an elliptical.

What I’d like to do is to install a lap pool in my backyard. No impact exercise. Yet, the business always comes first before my personal needs.

For all you runners out there, your “trainer” shoes are ruining your knees. Switch to minimum shoes instead.

Moderation is the key.

I had the same problems until I decided to have it replaced.

As I had several injuries prior to the replacement, it took longer than the norm to heal. You can walk pretty well shortly after surgery however it takes a full year to get and keep the bend of a normal knee.

Well worth the pain and rehab.

They have improved the process since I did mine and it’s now an overnight stay for most people.

I have little sympathy for those who refuse to take care of themselves and a world of sympathy for those afflicted with issues they can do little about.

3 Likes