HBO Max Removes Civil War Epic 'Gone With the Wind'

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hbo-max-removes-gone-wind-1297806#:~:text=Gone%20With%20the%20Wind%2C%20the,temporarily%20pulled%20from%20HBO%20Max.&text=In%20the%20op-ed%2C%20Ridley,its%20"own%20unique%20problem."

Communist leftist have now scored a direct hit on freedom of the entertainment businesses with its shuddering of classic films. This is not the only example, there has been a move to rewrite Mark Twain´s books because they may appear to be offensive. Why not William Shakespeare? Titus Andronicus has just about every insult you can imagine directed at women and minorities. Why are not leftist condemning the books used by the religion of peace?

4 Likes

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” -George Orwell, 1984

3 Likes

The left lost what was left of their minds . :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I have decided that these leftist are just like ISIS tearing down and destroying statues and memorials.

2 Likes

Just because HBO takes a movie off their roster doesn’t mean a thing…

Here’s one icon who has been sustained in Seattle.

Yes, it actually does.

Doesn’t mean anything to you because you apparently have no issue with it.

1 Like

Amazing as it is, East Europe has for the most part removed most of their old communist icons. They did so with the public´s consent and by vote. Mob rule is a danger to our democracy (and also to the Red Chinese).

Sure it does. In the same way the movies they add to their roster and produce on their own do.

Get your movie viewing from elsewhere…:man_shrugging:

Frankly madam I don’t give a damn.

About HBO

2 Likes

It is supply, demand, and money. The politics of profit is where ‘social justice’ censoring comes into play. HBO isn’t doing this out of any care for BLM; they made a calculation that:

1. Doing this would get them press and perhaps bring in millennial/minority subscribers.
  2. Doing this may cost a few existing customers, but fewer than the gains in other customers.

Besides, HBO (Hillbilly Boob Ogling) caters to a demographic that would have subscribed to Penthouse magazine back in the 70’s. I’m actually surprised they had a movie like GWTW in the first place. The only thing they had worth watching was the first two seasons of “House of Cards”- then even Spacey’s acting chops couldn’t save it from becoming a soap. Even the first two seasons are utter plot theft from the BBC version ( “To Play the King” and House of Cards" late 80’s) - now THAT- is worth watching.

Oh yes, you might think I like Amazon, but I couldn’t possibly comment…
https://www.amazon.com/House-Cards-Trilogy-Play-Final/dp/B00009MGGI/ref=sr_1_2?crid=33DHGGOG0WP3G&dchild=1&keywords=to+play+the+king&qid=1591813816&s=movies-tv&sprefix=To+play+the+king%2Caps%2C219&sr=1-2

Frankly my Dear, I Don’t give a damn about these lunatics.

Sane Black people should resent the commie newspeak.

Gone with the Wind Matters.

Crazy leftists have concrete thinking…Abstract thinking is Anti-Communist, so they don’t like it.

Just cancel HBO asap.

1 Like

I guess that everyone forgot that an academy award was given to a black actor.

3 Likes

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·

42m

It has been suggested that we should rename as many as 10 of our Legendary Military Bases, such as Fort Bragg in North Carolina, Fort Hood in Texas, Fort Benning in Georgia, etc. These Monumental and very Powerful Bases have become part of a Great American Heritage

Is this a good idea? I have always thought to myself;why did we name such important bases after rebels who wanted to destroy the Union?

1 Like

Make a real statement cancel HBO.

2 Likes

The black actors and actresses in GWTW were beloved and award winning.

Those criticizing it are mentally disturbed and just following a different script written by old, fruitcake, foreign pinheads.

CANCEL HBO. NOW

Disrespecting those great actors and actresses and a piece of American art and history, that doesn’t have Vladimir Lenin or Mao in it.

The plantation owners --leftists—don’t want black people today, to find out we fought a Civil War so slaves could be free.

So retrograde leftists without a single working brain cell have amoebic dysentery of the soul and spew hate 24/7.

They must be new evil incarnations of former slave traders, reliving their power mad cravings.

Well the city fathers at Poole have decided as a precaution to remove the statute of the founder of the boy scouts. Mr. Powell was very anti-homosexual and there has been an allegation that he was pro Hitler. I have read his biography and I do not recall reading any thing about being pro Hitler.Yes he had a negative opinion of homosexuals which I would suggest was quite normal for his time period.

1 Like

I wonder why HBO took down this movie that featured the first African American academy award winner in history? They must be racist and you must be too for going along with it. You should publicly apologize on your knees and lose your job.

1 Like