Gun control and demoRAT States

Six states have laws regulating ammunition sales and require background checks : New York, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, and New Jersey. Other states restrict ammunition access through age limits or restricting certain categories of dangerous people. The table below outlines the restrictions for each state. New York.
Illinois Has 2 New Gun Laws for 2023. And Now, An Illinois Assault Weapons Ban is In the Hands of the State Senate – NBC Chicago

Illinois Has 2 New Gun Laws for 2023. And Now, An Assault Weapons Ban is In the Hands of the State Senate.

Effective September 1, 2022: Any seller of ammunition or dealer in firearms shall keep either an electronic record, or dataset, or an organized collection of structured information, or data, typically stored electronically in a computer system approved as to form by the superintendent of state police. In the record shall be entered at the time of every transaction involving ammunition the date, name, age, occupation and residence of any person from whom ammunition is received or to whom ammunition is delivered, and the amount, caliber, manufacturer’s name and serial number, or if none, any other distinguishing number or identification mark on such ammunition.
More useless dem jobs at taxpayer expense !!!
Laws aimed at law-abiding citizens AGAIN !!!

Our Second Amendment rights are under attack

Guest Contributor|March 2021

The U.S. Constitution guarantees law-abiding Americans the right to keep and bear arms, but once again, our Second Amendment rights are under attack by the left.

Democrats in the House are bringing forth two pieces of legislation that aim to make it even harder for citizens to legally obtain a firearm. Contrary to what the critics say about HR 8 and HR 1446, these bills will do nothing to prevent mass shootings or ensure guns do not fall into the wrong hands.

HR 8 will essentially criminalize gun sales and transfers without the permission of the federal government. The fact of the matter is that restricting a law-abiding citizen’s ability to acquire a gun will not protect our communities from wrongdoers.

It’s likely that the opposite will be true.

The other bill, HR 1446, would extend the window for completion of a federal background check from three days to 10. Not only is this 10-day requirement completely arbitrary, but with the technological advances throughout our society and increased attention on ensuring safe and legal firearm sales, access to this important information is essentially in the palms of our hands.

If anything, we should decrease the burdensome delay.

Besides, do Democrats really think that a 10-day background check extension is going to stop a criminal from buying a gun? It won’t.

Under existing law, there are 10 classes of persons prohibited from purchasing, receiving, transporting,or possessing firearms including felons, drug addicts, violent offenders, illegal immigrants and more. These people do not fall into the category of “law-abiding American citizen,” and they should not have access to a firearm.

Republicans are not opposed to screening perspective gun owners. We, along with Americans across the country, support keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

Congress must ensure that our background check system is as accurate, up-to-date, and efficient as possible, and Republicans have already supported efforts to address these issues.

In the 115th Congress, Republicans passed the Fix NICS Act, a bill that requires states and federal agencies to ensure the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) has the updated, necessary information to ensure an accurate and timely background check for gun purchases.

These are the types of common-sense improvements Congress should be making. Let’s make sure our existing laws and systems are working before we pile on new, burdensome regulations that infringe upon our constitutional rights.

Despite the picture that may be painted by my colleagues on the other side of the aisle, we know in Central Washington that our Second Amendment rights extend beyond just the ability to own a gun. The Constitution guarantees our right to protect ourselves and our families, and hunting is an integral tradition of Western culture that is passed down from generation to generation. I grew up shooting jackrabbits and sage rats with my friends, and I regularly go shooting with my children, my wife, and our friends on our farm.

Limiting the ability for any law-abiding American to buy a gun will not make America safer, and these two bills will only increase the federal governments influence on our daily lives. I am strongly opposed to HR 8 and HR 1446 because I support our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and I will continue to defend that right on behalf of Central Washington.

California murderer who shot deputy, killed chaplain at age 24 granted ‘youth offender’ parole | Fox News

California murderer who shot deputy, killed chaplain at age 24 granted ‘youth offender’ parole

Derek Pettis stole gun from LA Deputy Terrence Wenger in 1994, shot him in eye, gunned down chaplain Bruce Bryan.

Derek Eugene Pettis, a 24-year-old gang member, found himself handcuffed in the back seat of a squad car after a drunken bar fight in 1994, but the Los Angeles deputy who placed him there wasn’t going to bring him to jail.

This is BS and part of the Marxist game plan. I don’t remember having to have ID when purchasing Ammo. This is their game plan, make it expensive and put gun stores out of business. Time to invest in a castor kit!

1 Like

There will be many people getting paid to watch over this BS and the dems love to handout BS jobs to those liberal MF’s !!!

1 Like

This and while Mayorkas just hired Brennen and James Clapper to head an new Disinformation team. Crap! They really want a civil war. Nevermind that these people including Mayorkas belong in jail!

2 Likes

Just what we need , more ELITIST SUBVERSIVES to weaponize Homeland Security against resisitance to illegal immigration and to further harass Trump.
I guess those of us that oppose illegal immigration will be designated " DOMESTIC TERRORISTS " and will be illegaly " MONITORED" by BIG BROTHER and subject to GOVERNMENT HARRASSMENT and INTIMIDATION by the IRS , FBI etc.
Maybe you could be targeted for your support of NATIVE AMERICAN issues.
The days of " INTERMENT " in GOVERNMENT " RE EDUCATION FACILITIES " will be near.

1 Like

We call that the media and social media .

1 Like

Amazing how LIBTURDS dont breakdown gun deaths by category such as suiside, drug gangs , marital violence , guns not safely away where children can get them andd illegal gun sales.
Thus would DESTROY their narrative of WEAPON CONFISCATION from LEGALY RESPONSIBLE gun owners.

2 Likes