Ginger Baker kicks the Bucket

I saw that movie. He surely did clobber one of the interviewer.

Okay, point taken, and I shouldn’t have joined the thread.

1 Like

I didn’t say you shouldn’t join the thread, but come on man! You asked why everyone was talking about drummers? Duh!

Well y’all made drumming sound like an art form. But I have no interest in that kind of ‘music’ so that’s why I’ve backed out. You don’t want me to wear sackcloth and ashes for a week as well, do you.

Drumming is an art form, if it wasn’t people like you would be able to do it! Did it ever occur to you that some here who are participating in this conversation are musicians themselves?

Just fucking drop it ffs!

Don’t get mad at me for not using common sense!:rofl:

I’m getting mad at you for not letting it go. It’s trivia, and I don’t do trivia!

There is no reason to get mad at me, own your own shit and move one!

I already did own it you fool.

Did ya? Its seems you are fueling your own ire!

Whatever - just fuck off and troll someone else.

Troll? Yeah when you are the one in this thread trolling! Imagine the irony! :rofl:

Watching you become unhinged as result is pretty funny!:rofl:

Good, I’m glad I made you laugh. Now fuck off!

Anyway, God Give Him Rest.

Ringo was no Ginger Baker, but he did move the Beatles from being a garage band to the colossal sensation they became. He was a good, professional drummer.

Another one was Terry Bozzio. Funny, Carl Palmer is impeccable technically, I just didn’t love his style as much as others. One thing I’ll say angrily for the millionth time: Alan White was an abomination of a replacement for Bruford in Yes.

I love you Gerberbus!

There is a funny fact about Carl Palmer. Did you know he toured with Stainless steel drums that weighed over 2 tons? Pretty outrageous! I also like his work when he was with Asia, he had some pretty interesting triplets on some tracks that very few can achieve.

No argument from me on the Alan White replacement, but did like Travor Rabin on guitar and the 90125 album.

I liked Bozzio’s work with “Missing Person’s”

Max Roach was another drummer who I thought was underrated too. I tend to gravitate to the Jazz Drummers, than the rock ones, only because the genre requires a larger repertoire that is more diverse and technical.

If I remember right, ELP’s “Works” tour was a disaster, they all ended up blaming each other for losing a ton of money. I’ll bet that was the time he had those drums.