Get Ready to Sacrifice 120,000 of your Sons

You overestimate your importance in these people’s lives.
You are not the judge of what is a needless death to them. Mind your own business. They are not retards joining the military. They are grown men and women who understand- if only through recent history- the controversial reasons we apply military force. It is not typically to stop some maurader from breaking through their Mom’s front door.

You and your queer strawman don’t have to join the military.

If you can’t understand the necessity of preventing Iran from developing nukes or spreading it’s control of the ME any further I doubt anyone can help you.

I’ve been to war. When done properly wars are brutal, devastating, and ugly as hell. Unfortunately they are also a necessity.

I’d rather not see us ever go to war again but I most certainly would not want us to back ourselves into a corner and pretend bad people don’t indent to do us great harm.

All of the industrialized powers are economically interconnected and our interests extend therefore far beyond our own shores and have since the WWII era.

Study up on “Peace Through Strength” and Force Projection. IF you can project enough force when your enemies threaten you, you can usually avoid war altogether which is exactly what Trump is attempting to do right now.

1 Like

Those who ignore or forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Intel is nearly always quite iffy and you go with the best you have erring on the side of caution. In this case they were wrong but had they been right and we failed to act to remove Saddam the consequences would have reshaped the world and not in a favorable manner.

I retired from the USAF as a CMSgt (E-9) after 26 years of service.

We train to fight and win. We go where we are told and we execute the mission, on time, every time.

Most junior enlisted men and women don’t understand the how and why of geopolitics. They don’t know why they go to war and they aren’t paying attention to the politics or the politicians behind the scenes pulling the strings.

If any of you have been enlisted here, you will probably remember that a lot of your buddies all came from very humble and meager backgrounds. In a lot of cases the US military was the only job in town.

It’s our responsibility as the adult supervision of this country to make sure that our kids don’t get shipped off to a war that isn’t worth fighting. If they do, they need the best training, equipment, and leadership to keep them safe and performing effectively. They need Congress to declare war too. That would be nice.

I’m really disheartened by the callous disregard for the reality of the situation regarding our military. The kids that fight the wars are the kids who come from nothing and have nothing to gain. The kids who have something to lose never have to fight. Their parents are quick to send someone else’s child to war but wouldn’t dare send their own.

Yes we have an all volunteer force, comprised of the same people who would have been drafted anyway.

1 Like

Meh… If we are pulling rank, then be aware that I was both enlisted and an Air Force officer… a regular Captain to be exact, before I left the blue womb… sarge.

What you think is irrelevant when it comes to deciding what people should do with their life today and what they choose to sacrifice for. You are not in the war rooms today. You really don’t know the current situation in the Mideast. Why pretend? You did your service. Thank you. Now just collect your blue womb retirement pay and let others decide when to join the military and when not to.

1 Like

The Iranians are using proxies to see how far they can push on Saudi Arabia and its allies let’s not pretend this is about Israel it’s not, it’s about the most strategic and valuable piece of real estate for the foreseeable future the Persian Gulf.

Knowing that and forgoing any direct action I would like to ask what would one do to protect our interest in the free navigation of the Persian Gulf.

1 Like

Well that certainlly isn’t true. Our entire officer corps could most certainly be doing something safe, comfortable and with regular hours in the civilian world if they weren’t in the military.

Most of those I served with were in the top 5-10% of their graduating classes and could have gone to any state college in the country if not the service academies.

All of those “kids” has a lot to gain from their time in service.

1 Like

Mmmmmmmm. Hmmmmmmm. Mmmffmmffmmm. Grrrrrrrrrrr.
…meaning … we have been preparing for years but obviously cannot openly discuss capabilities. I do recognize that preparing is different than BEING PREPARED though so… it would get ugly. We have not had to face all the weapon systems that Iran has access to. There would be some surprises. But we would not fight alone. You can review public FMS (foreign military sales) records over the past few years to see who else would be helping us and with what weapon systems.

Iran needs knocked down after Obama and his Iranian born senior advisor Jarrett saw to it that they could build up.

1 Like

I would also like to posit wtf was the DNI and DCIA doing the past few years besides spying on Americans and cya for spying on Americans and appearing before congressional committees instead of doing the really hard work they are supposed to do…

Big thumbs small buttons old mind.

Yeah… fortunately while Obama was screwing the pooch, some of our DOD dollars went to develop system capabilities with the Persian gulf in mind. They needed more of my personal involvement but they will still be OK. :wink:

I liked the thumb drive stuff…

And likely there is a sleeper file in Iran’s system waiting for a trigger.

(Trouble is, there likely is one in some of our systems too.)

When would It be better time to find out?

It’s been a problem for quite some time. Few people have any respect for those that voluntarily serve.

As a veteran, I served and have no regrets. Today I would never suggest my daughter serve in the military with the broken leadership as well as the lack of respect and gratitude for serving from the general public.

1 Like

Netanyahu is scared like a little bitch.

Friendly reminder: Israel did the same with Suddam and Iraq. Kvetched for years about “Suddam’s secret gas chambers” and then when the invasion came, Israel didn’t send a single troop.

Even the tiny island nation of Fiji sent troops. Not Israel tho who were the biggest war mongering assholes.

3 Likes

Hilarious. All that would be accomplished by Israel getting involved is to make an already highly complex and dangerous situation worse and he realizes it.

Israel is prepared to deal with Iran anytime it becomes necessary. As usual though the Israelis are acting in our best interests as well as their own.

1 Like

Now you know this kid is, a soon to be , liberal snowflake and will be screaming at the sky shortly . :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What do you guys think the false flag is going to be?

I’m thinking something boat related again, the US/Israel has a long history of using Navy related themes in false flags.

The appetite for war with Iran is very low and skepticism is very high so they’ll need a big one to pull it off

Oy vey! You are right! It’s not like Israel absolutely deserves to get glassed or anything. Israel is just a peaceful country that dindu nuffin and never starts wars with nobody.