Genetic ties of Native Americans to Siberia?

The accepted narrative as to the “origin” of the indigenous peoples of the Americas is that their ancestors migrated from Siberia to Alaska at the end of the last glacial period about 13,000 years ago, when Siberia and Alaska were connected by a land mass dubbed Berigia. This more or less matches the time frame of the Clovis tools found in NM.

Archaeological sites which are much older than this have been purposely suppressed to push for the “out of Africa” narrative.

(“Out of Africa” doesn’t make sense, given Australia has continuous cultural tradition dating back AT LEAST 50,000 years.)

[Ever heard of the Itelmens, the Native Americans’ Kamchatka relatives? - Russia Beyond (rbth.com)](

There is no reason to assume that migration route was one-way traffic from Siberia to Alaska. The other direction was equally feasible, as the presence of the Aleuts demonstrates.

Lame Deer, a Sioux shaman / activist said ancient humans may not have “entered” the Americas, but “left” the Americas to the rest of the world. I agree.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ve always thought that indigenous Americans were similar to the Aleut and Eskimo people.

We all came from Asia. Lol!

Living in Asia most Chinese who look at me like to call me an “ABC” but have no idea that I am a Lakota. Its pretty funny, because I can fool most, and vice versa.

In other words I have the best of both worlds. Lol

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Is “Sioux” old-fashioned?
Is “Dakota” a variant of “Lakota”?

I have nothing but respect for the Sioux shamans and warriors.