Former NIH official accused of making emails 'disappear' pleads Fifth to COVID subcommittee

Moore was named by fellow NIH staff as the ‘FOIA lady’ who taught others how to ‘make emails disappear’

Will the mighty FBI send a swat team to her house at 3 am ??

Any government employee or agency, not committing a crime or misconduct should be able to produce any material on a government system with no issues. Unless there is a crime or misconduct. Funny, the FBI and prosecutors will say to courts and juries that clearly someone is hiding something if they plead the 5th or show signs of cover or deletion, yet when government employees do it, it’s "they have a right to privacy and enjoy special security

Fauci was able to accurately predict that Trump was going to face a pandemic during his presidency. How else would he know that unless he was involved with the fabrication and release of the agent that caused it.

There’s only one reason to hide the facts. Corruption. This is the same government experts that searched Hillary Clinton’s devices (that were destroyed) or her stored files at Platt River networks that were destroyed using bleachbit? The FBI examined the files at Platt river and pronounced the files unrecoverable and then issued immunity to all concerned .

They shut down the country and millions of people suffered for it and no one has been held accountable. I think we’ve had enough of Democrat leadership. Trillions of taxpayer dollars were spent on the Covid Global “Pandemic”. You would think the NIH would have demanded an investigation into the origins. Instead, they prevented it. It defies logic and common sense

1 Like

Margaret Moore invoked her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination to “help NIH officials delete COVID-19 records and use their emails to avoid FOIA is appalling and deserves a thorough investigation.”

“Instead of using NIH’s FOIA office to provide the transparency and accountability that the American people deserve, it appears that ‘FOIA Lady’ Margaret Moore assisted efforts to evade federal record keeping laws,” Committee Chairman Brad Wenstrup (R-OH) said.

Moore previously worked closely with Dr. Anthony Fauci and the NIAID for over three decades.

According to a February 2021 email from Fauci senior advisor Dr. David Morens, Moore had been “trick[ing]” colleagues at the NIAID to hide records and dodge FOIA requests.

“I learned from our foia lady here how to make emails disappear after I am foia’d but before the search starts," Morens wrote in an email. “Plus, I deleted most of those earlier emails after sending them to Gmail.”