šŸ”“ Evidence of Evolution?

I firmly believe in Evolution but I donā€™t buy into ā€œall life on Earth is connected and related to each other.ā€ Darwin had a great theory until he took it too far.

In my opinion Evolution is tied to ecosystems and Human intervention. Take for example.

Medicine was introduced into sub - Saharan Africa by Westerners. That alone changed the evolution of the people living there. For eons they were evolving without outside Human Intervention. After Westerners arrived and made profound changes the evolution that was taking place changed.

I just asking in regards to evolutionary theory. Personally I have not looked into this debate for a good number of years so I was under the impression that mutations were the primary if not the only mechanism for change. My skepticism has always pertained to the question of whether random mutations could change say a dog like mammal into a sea going mammal (which is just one of the thousands upon thousands of significant transitions that would have to take place). Most specifically make beneficial changes to organs, skeletal structure, musculature, epidermis, etc?

So, you are uninformed.

I do wish no mutations for you.

1 Like

On a long flight Richard Dawkins found himself sitting next to an old cowboy reading the Bible.

ā€œYou know,ā€ he said, ā€œconversations help flights go faster.ā€

ā€œThat sounds like a good idea.ā€ the cowboy said as he set the book down, ā€œWhat do you have in mind?ā€

ā€œWell. We could talk about evolution and how it demonstrates thereā€™s no need for God.ā€ Dawkins said smugly.

Without missing a beat the cowboy said: ā€œSure. But first, Mr Dawkins, could you answer something for me? You see, cows, horses and deer all eat the same sort of stuff but what comes out is very different. Cows make pads, horses clumps and deer pellets. So what is the evolutionary benefit for each style of poop?ā€

Dawkins was a bit astonished that the man had recognized him and a bit put off by an actual nuanced question so he thought for a moment before admitting he didnā€™t really know what the advantages were.

ā€œSo what youā€™re telling me is, you can talk about God but canā€™t explain crap?ā€

And with that the cowboy went back to reading.

1 Like

There will never be a solution for abiogenesis.

The cell is a pretty amazing little machine to be sure.

In that light look at Isaiah 43:10.

ā€œYou are My witnesses,ā€ declares the LORD, ā€œand My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, and there will be none after Me.ā€

Never mind the cell, Iā€™m talking about getting the maco-molecules.

Iā€™ve heard that the ostrich egg is the largest single cell known to man. Does the cell include the shellā€¦or is the shell just a casing for the cell?

ā€¦and how does a single cell have two separate parts, the yoke and the white?

Inquiring minds need to know.

Iā€™ve never understood this. Sorry. I wish I did not eat eggs. I try not to eat them with runny yolks, at least.

So is the sperm. Itā€™s one cellā€¦with a squiggly tailā€¦and it knows how to swim.

Has anyone looked at the membranes which surround the yolk, and separately the white, to determine that there is no cell structure to those artefacts.

1 Like

Hereā€™s an interesting article on the largest single=celled organism. Itā€™s not the ostrich egg.

Hereā€™s another on the largest single cell. It is the ostrich egg.

https://www.reference.com/science/largest-single-cell-2ecb1925ef39e466

1 Like

While science is on another level of debate, the question of evolution comes in all shapes and sizes particularly when is comes to political ideology, and thus solving problems is something we are slow to adapt to.

ā€œOur righteous minds
Unite us into teams
divide us against other teams
and blind us to truthā€

A neuron is a single cell too. They can be tiny but some are a meter long.

2 Likes