Elon Musk's Twitter Aquisition, Censorship and the Proxy War +++ UPDATES+++

I like your optimism, but I’m more inclined to think that we’re on the verge of a new dark age. I’m very disheartened, the lying and propaganda is working.

Well just as I stated earlier, the left having a melt down because in reality their grip on controlling the narrative is slipping away a trend that has been slowly evolving. While I will concede that lying propaganda is not suddenly going to go away over night, however a lot more people are starting to tune out traditional sources to get their news, and its why the left is losing their collective minds over the recent development of twitter and the possibility of presenting two sides of a story in a objective manner, is what this is really about and what a true democracy is suppose to be; something Elon Musk truly believes in and what started the process of him acquiring the platform in the first place (1st Amendment).

The left, has for too long tried to strong arm their detractors without having to defend their arguments or ideas with merit. On the latter, its why progressive candidates are refusing to debate their opponents in various elections, its why progressives here are content to give each other likes and only converse with their own crowd, but very rarely have we seen any of them debate and defend their ideas in any meaningful dialogue. It is also why they resort to cheating in elections because they simply don’t know how to have a conversation, hell they can’t even talk amongst themselves without feeling the need to compete with each other before throwing the next of kin under the bus.

My last point is the 1st amendment is whats really at stake here, and until Musk came along nobody stepped up to defend it, especially members of the right. They just tolerated it and took it up the wazoo. While maybe not much will change with Twitter and how it conducts itself, what is certain to change is that conservative voices will no longer have to fear that they will be banned for having certain beliefs or expressing certain discourse and that is really whats refreshing in all of this.

I’m not exactly sure that this is true. Free speech is at stake, but I don’t see a lot of recourse if thugs from the FBI, for instance, decide to intimidate people at twitter to shut down opinions (or people) that they don’t like. The first amendment says “congress shall make no law” not that people in government can’t bully you around.

And let’s say that it does prohibit that? What recourse is there? I don’t know of any laws that could punish this behavior. Maybe you might sue for damages, but proving a case that you were silenced by shadowy men in black and it hurt you to the tune of $10 million seems like a difficult thing to do.

Then there’s political operatives in companies that are part of the “town square” who just do it on their own, seems like there’s a lot of that going on. I like that Musk is fighting back against these people, but it’s like playing whack-a-mole. Then there’s the certain retaliation Musk can expect - every liberal attorney general, and of course our federal DOJ, will put him under the microscope and try to let him know that he’s displeased the powers-that-be.

Good luck Elon, don’t expect much more help from Mitch McConnell. At the first sign of adversity, those weasels in the GOP will run and hide.

Yea… I think I’m feeling what your laying down.

Well there has been a lot of successful cases won when 1st Amendment rights have been violated, just not a lot involving social media. Wisconsin Vs. Yoder, Tinker vs. Des Moines, Gregory vs, Chicago, Johnson vs. Texas, are just a few cases but the point is there is still the legal remedy albeit with a corrupt judicial system is rolling the dice, which is why you are correct in that the Government can still bully people around and have been doing it since its inception.

Not always, just depends on the circumstances of each case. Again, if we are strictly referring to just social media use, then I would tend to agree, however the use of social media and any application involving 1st Amendment rights violations is still a fluid and unresolved issue yet to be sorted out in both judicial and legislative branches of government. The latter is purposely ignoring the issue due to the insider trading going on by way of spying and selling meta data to friends and family who are involved with pay to play schemes hatched up by connected politicians. This of course is an entire different rabbit hole to which I have first hand knowledge of and why many people (potential whistle blowers have mysteriously died). My point is, the issue of having a cyber bill of rights (which Rand Paul first suggested) should have been addressed a long time ago but wasn’t due to what I had previous just articulated would address the 1st amendment rights issues regarding the use of social media. This issue of course is a non partisan one too!

And for the same reasons I just outlined here they do it because they know they can get away with it. Until something is done to establish a “Cyber Bill of Rights” this type of shady shenanigans will continue and will probably evolve. I also agree with the Musk “whack-a-mole” analogy but I suspect that Musk probably will create some waves in the days and weeks ahead as he allows people to return to the platform and then after that things will settle down with some minimal changes to the platform while advocating for free speech but at the same time appeasing law makers (temporary) for certain rules to be put into place to combat the red herring of the left’s claim of “hate speech.” This of course is very much part of the culture war that both sides are currently involved in where one side is very much is seeking an advantage by silencing the other.

We won’t have to worry about them much longer as I am sure Musk being younger will out last McConnell & co. and will be long gone while major changes are taking place in both houses. The fact that Musk is such an influential figure of our life times and perhaps one that will be remembered in human history, will no doubt be a person that will continue to pushing this ball forward to addressing the issue of substantiating and establishing free speech parameters in the sphere of cyberspace to the point that law makers will need to address by enacting a “bill of rights” for how we go about our business on the internet. The latter of course does not come without its risks where nefarious actors of the left will try to insert limitations of speech to which they see benefiting them and their elite class. That being said, addressing the systemic problems of corruption within our government has to take place first before the issue of doing the people’s business can be addressed. We got a long way to go, but this is a promising start.

1 Like

Breton simply wrote “DSA,” referring to the EU’s Digital Service Act, which is a broad act, but one of the fundamental elements of the act is designed to regulate and restrict speech on the web under the guise of “combating hate speech.” In essence, the DSA gives the EU broad powers to censor political dissidents and political speech it deems a threat to the power of the left-liberal establishment.

“The Digital Services Act and Digital Markets Act aim to create a safer digital space where the fundamental rights of users are protected and to establish a level playing field for businesses,” reads the act’s description on the European Commission website.

The European Council outlines how the DSA will operate in principle, writing: “The DSA follows the principle that what is illegal offline must also be illegal online. It aims to protect the digital space against the spread of illegal content, and to ensure the protection of users’ fundamental rights.”

“The obligations introduced are proportionate to the nature of the services concerned and tailored to the number of users, meaning that very large online platforms (VLOPs) and very large online search engines (VLOSEs) will be subject to more stringent requirements. Services with more than 45 million monthly active users in the European Union will fall into the category of very large online platforms and very large search engines.”

The jury is already in on Musk and Twitter.

The very first thing he did was to take the hottest topic in the news, amplify the Qanon take on it, and troll the entire country.

This is the Murdoch model all over again and I don’t need to take a wait-and-see approach or give him the benefit of the doubt.

Fuck this guy and the South African horse he rode in on.

He’ll never get a dime of my money to support his agenda. My only hope is that conservatives have the objectivity to put the pieces together on all of this.

I always figured Musk wanted to take over Twitter, turn it into a right-wing shit dump, to curry favor with Trump after Trump was banned for fomenting MAGA violence.
That he didn’t actually want to buy it, but rather jerk Twitter around so much they’d be terrified into dancing to his tune, thus enhancing his mystique.

I doubt he thought it would cost him so much, or that he’d hold it dying in his hands a week after he’d paid full freight for it.

He trolled the hell out of you, that’s for sure. The cockroaches are starting to scatter. For that alone, I give thanks to Elon.

2 Likes

I guess by your rhetoric you believe the partisan hype that is being fed to you by MSM on a daily basis. Its simply pointless calling you people stupid or retarded for believing such nonsense but I have to wonder if you people from the left are ever capable of thinking for yourselves or if you are going to forever keep buying and selling the garbage you consume on a daily basis? Did you get a cancer screening recently? Maybe you should start considering other healthier options before it turns south quickly.

1 Like

Oh looky looky! Now we get this treasure trove of goodies! Exposing what many of us suspected what and who was behind the censorship. Something tells me many are going to need a lawyer soon.

Yeah, the people who exposed this. That’s who the FBI will go after.

Biden’s “you’re all a bunch of fascists” speech wasn’t just stale namecalling - he was stating that resistance is futile, we’re in total control now and we’re not letting go. Well, the ones who wrote the speech were saying it, anyway.

2 Likes

Sometimes we get this weird trolling like these posts from a few liberals who parachuted in. Oddly, they wondered about how much money Musk was losing, like that matters to a guy with $100+ billion. One labored over debt financing and such. When this happens, I wonder what’s going on. Then I decide that it’s not even worth wondering about, just another lame line of attack.

The consistent theme? Smearing people is one of the few tools in their toolbox, one of the few things that they’re good at. They’ll try everything that they can think of, and if any of it works, the machine goes into overdrive.

1 Like

Or envy. Its par for the course though when yours is a life of self loathing and looking for something or someone to blame than looking at oneself truthfully and taking responsibility for ones own decisions in life. This generation are still children in many aspects even going into their 30’s and 40’s they still haven’t figured out how to grow up, which is why they probably think it takes less effort to vote democrat because they think its their parents that will fix their miserable existence and make everything better with unicorns pooping ice-cream and streaming rainbows everywhere around.

It is almost always projection on their part predicated on emotion rather than any intellectual discourse that offers substance to the conversation. The saying is: if you are not part of the solution that makes every person’s lives around you better, then its most certainly that its you that is part of the problem. Food for thought I guess.

1 Like

Uh huh! Gotta love the gamesmanship that is ramping up right before mid-terms!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol… can’t stand it when the other side is allowed to speak eh?

Well, it’s been a left wing shit dump for way too long… move over bitches!

2 Likes

Speaking of the left and projection, I am not sure you have seen this from VDH, but its a doozy!

1 Like

2 Likes

Well I guess allowing Trump back on Twitter before the midterms was just too much for some and so no accounts will be restored until after Nov, 8th it is reported. Reasons given is that Musk didn’t want to be seen trying to manipulate or tip the scales before the election.

1 Like