Economist Peter Morici on President Trump's task force focused on reviving the economy

# Economist Peter Morici on President Trump’s task force focused on reviving the economy

Morici explained on “Fox & Friends Weekend” that a second task force is important because “we’re going to open the economy in phases, consistent with public health requirements and our capacity to test and so forth and the economy is going to fundamentally change from before. “

“It’s not going to be the same and it’s going to require a lot of support, but we have to do it in a careful way to provide the right incentives,” he said.

He explained that having “a task force that understands the financial system that understands the real economy … that understands the political system” is key.

During a news briefing on Friday Trump said, “We do want to get the country open. It’s so important. So I’ll have a task force. I’ll have a council. It’s going to be announced on Tuesday with names that you have a lot of respect for, a lot of great names, different businesses, different people, bipartisan.”

Morici said he xpects White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow will be on that task force.

“They really fill out those requirements very well,” he said.

Certainly Kudlow (one of the most brilliant economists in America) is a valuable tool to have here. Trump had to rescue the economy before, from the Kenyan Village Idiot. (And that was the worst economy in history.)

This one is going to be a challenge. But President Trump is the most brilliant man ever to hold that office. He knows what he’s doing.

Predictions:

1. Economy at full tilt by August.

2. Dow back in record highs by September.

3. Any debates between Alzheimer Joe and Trump will be canceled, citing Joe’s health reasons. (His handlers know he’s helpless against Trump, the greatest president in history.)

4. Election night, Nazi Pelosi loses control of the House. Alzheimer Joe concedes around 8:30.

5. State of the Union Address: America is guaranteed that Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy will not tear up the speech.

Watch for left wingers wanting to draw out the misery of quarantine. They cannot win on the issues.

2 Likes

I’d be surprise to see the Economy restored by September. But I think it’s too early to say. Just like an devastating earthquake (that nearly shook the world), we are going to face aftermaths from it.

Partial recovery by September, I can see. But a full recovery won’t really happen until sometime next Spring.

I am all for people getting back to work and lives. And leaving this all behind. But it will be unlikely that will happen anytime soon.

What if we face this so-call “Wave 2”?

Then what?

I’d be surprise to see the Economy restored by September. But I think it’s too early to say. Just like an devastating earthquake (that nearly shook the world), we are going to face aftermaths from it.

Nobody really expected this genius President to rescue America from the Obama distaster in such a short time.Tis the season for miracles.

1 Like

I forgot to mention, it’s Election season. Trump has to either get this Economy going…or face only a 4-year term. And he will also face backlash from the Democrats (as if he hasn’t already), that he couldn’t “fix a Crisis”.

Every single American knows that what’s happening in the US is not Trump’s fault. We all know that when he isn’t fighting a deadly virus released upon our population by the Chinese Communists…he’s busy bringing our market to new heights. He has done it before and he will do it again once he kicks the ass of this Chinese virus.

1 Like

Certainly Kudlow (one of the most brilliant economists in America) is a valuable tool to have here. Trump had to rescue the economy before, from the Kenyan Village Idiot. (And that was the worst economy in history.)

a) Kuddles wasn’t Grifty’s original appointee as CEA…That was Gary Cohn…who judged Grifty “dumber than shit”

b) there is no credible argument in favor of Obama economy being “the worst ever”

c) has Kuddles figured out in which direction the deficit is heading?

Yeah tell me about the success story of Obama’s shovel ready jobs program. Then tell me all about Solyndra.

it’s one witless slogan after another with you, isn’t it…

He didn’t do squat except ride the boom he inherited…

The story of his life.

Witless slogan? Are you saying that Obama’s shovel ready jobs program wasn’t a total failure? Because it was.

Just want to stick your head in the stand and ignore the fact that the solyndra scandal happened?

President Trump has clearly been a whole lot more successful than you ever have been.

1 Like

it wasn’t…

The Great Recession ended in June 2009…

There was no “Solyndra Scandal”…you slack jawed ass got played…

I’ve never lost 1 billion of other people’s money.

Thank goodness! Other people were right never to trust you with a single dollar of their money to begin with. It’s bad enough you and your kind leech off our tax dollars in order to feed your welfare addiction.

3 Likes

You want to try that again?

3 Likes

WTF are you yammering about?

Which is why Pelosi wants to delay opening congress until end of May?

Guess who was the benefit of that?

A short sell by Pelosi’s husband that raked in millions of dollars due to Solyndras failure?

The Dems don’t have anything on Trump. Not even this Coronavirus pandemic. It’s all their undoings.

Nancy wants to delay until end of May, so they can come up with another tactic - which every of them have failed for the past three years - and pin it on Trump. Such as this pandemic.

1 Like