Department of Defense Setting Up Coronavirus Quarantine Camps

Secretary of Defense Dr. Mark T. Esper is expected to support a request from the Department of Health and Human Services which asked DOD to identify military installations near 11 major airports that could house additional passengers, should HHS facilities become filled. These are tertiary locations, and HHS already has primary and secondary locations identified that are not DOD facilities.

Each location will be limited to providing housing support for up to 20 people as they undergo a period of quarantined observation

DOD personnel will not be in direct contact with the evacuees.

Locations :

• JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI (HNL)
  • Great Lakes Training Center Navy Base, IL (ORD)
  • Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, TX (DFW)
  • March ARB, CA (LAX)
  • Travis AFB, CA (SFO)
  • Dobbins ARB, GA (ATL)
  • Fort Hamilton, NY (JFK)
  • Naval Base Kitsap, WA (SEA)
  • Joint Base Anacostia, DC (IAD)
  • Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ (EWR)
  • Fort Custer Training Center (DTW)
2 Likes

Spooky…but I thought that FEMA camps were supposed to be used for these sort of eventualities?

1 Like

I’ve been seeing a lot of videos on social media of FEMA coffins being transferred all over the country by tractor trailers. I wonder if these camps were the final destination?

1 Like

All of our governments were apparently all LOL! CORONACHAN! back in December/January. Now they’re all OMFG! CORONAVIRUS! WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING! Even after millions of people have transited unhindered from ground zero into our countries for like a month and a half. It seems somewhat intentional from where I’m sitting.

So the plan is to bring people who have been potentially exposed to a lethal weaponized bioengineered virus here to the US for observation? What can possibly go wrong??

Why not just tell the Chinese that we will wipe ourselves out for them? FFS!!

2 Likes

Interesting…almost like they are preparing for rebellion by quarantine. Rather brilliant, what if they are really afraid of this 2nd amendment thing blowing up and this whole corona virus thing is a way to head that off. Nip it in the bud so to speak. It would have a chilling effect on any uprising and the military would be called in to activate any quarantine plan as the constitution goes out of the window with pandemics. Just a thought.

1 Like

The action is being taken is based upon CDC guidance

They are being proactive for those returning from China who could be carrying the virus.

image|image|666x121 642x184

With so much motion on the planet - international travel, a band aid won’t stop a hemorrhage; but still, steps must be taken. If it’s air born, just a cough or sneeze in a crowded area is all it takes. While generally harmless in healthy individuals, sneezes spread disease through the infectious aerosol droplets, commonly ranging from 0.5 to 5 µm. A sneeze can produce 40,000 droplets .

It’s great to see that you trust your government so implicitly. The founders would be proud.

So, you are saying you’d like to see DoD employees/civilian contractors possibly exposed to this virus not quarantined as a precaution when they re-enter the United States?

Is that your position?

I’m saying that I am suspicious of DoD setting up quarantine camps. There aren’t that many DOD employees operating in China. There are plenty in the Asia Pacific but it wouldn’t make any sense have so many locations here in the US that they are concerned about. They could easily set up quarantine camps at our locations in the Asia Pacific and on our territory islands.

And that is fine. However, I’d rather we be over prepared than be hit and hit hard and be behind the 8-ball.

They are setting them up as a result of CDC recommendations.

Since the CDC is all over this, if anything, it should tell you that extra steps need to be implemented and they are taking this virus very seriously.