Deeper down The RABBIT HOLE 🐇

Lots of 50-yo men have heart attacks, some women also.
Peak heart-attack season for men is 50s and 60s.
For some reason a lot of women get them in their 40s.

Probably nobody …

If you mean his peerage ? I believe once given they are for life regardless of how slimey you are ?

Something of interest perhaps. I believe the range or gallery does not have to be a commercial venture either. :grin:

These are an example of miniature rifle.

Hello Jen, you remember me … ?

I am pleased to report that my weight is now below the pre-Christmas mark. It is still going down but I have yet to achieve my -10kg goal. OMAD is helping but I am drinking quite a lot of coffee.

I am pleased to report that COVID-19 ( 20, 21, … ) has not caused me to increase weight. :slight_smile:

Have you verified it is not a new handle on Rick-the-Toss ?

2 Likes

I can’t imagine Trump letting this fly if he didn’t give the order.

No, I meant his imaginary qualification from Oxford University

1 Like

The people in DC are national guard.

The actual military is not involved.

Pence activated the DC national guard and DC requested assistance from other states. 40 states have sent people to DC to date. The people sent to DC have been vetted by the FBI to ensure they are to part of a radical group which no on knows what groups thy are looking for and all have been made federal Officers for this action. All 50 states have activated the national guard to protect their buildings some rioting against the right some protecting from the left.

The Federal Govrnment is picking up the tab for the security in DC.

The left is terrified at the potential for protesting and no one knows how the guard will react. Will Americans kill Americans like Kent State?

What a cluster the democrats have made.

1 Like

Don’t know why I thought it unusual - live and learn

1 Like

:rofl: Of course, I’m not senile… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

OMAD is excellent. The point is not how many calories you consume (your body doesn’t measure it) but by how much your insulin is raised. Of course if you don’t eat, it is at the base level, which incidentally can be higher than someone else’s peak insulin if they are well fat adapted. It takes time, depending on how long you have had the extra weight. Coffee is fine. Double cream in it is fine. Fat, fibre and vinegar suppress insulin (ACV :face_vomiting:) whereas carbs and sugar really spike it. Protein raises it too.

You cycle don’t you? Have you thought about getting a smart trainer and plugging your bike on it? Usually you have to take off the back wheel. (You may have to change the cassette to 11 speed.) There are a number of apps you can use. Some of them are little more than providing moving scenery, some are like real life racing and some gamify it.

You can enhance the effects of fasting with fasted exercise. :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks Lou. But can they not be summoned by the President to protect/defend the country also ?
I should add, do they have a similar role to our Territorial Army ? Reservists but combat trained & ready.

The National Guard is controlled by the state governments. The President of the United States can activate the National Guard for participation in federal missions, the governors must agree as sate funds are involved.

The US also has reserve units that are under control of each branch of the military.

The US Army Reserve is part of the US Army and cannot be activated by the states. Same for the Air Force reserve, Navy reserve, Coast Guard reserve and Marine Reserves.

Law is everything.
The Posse Comitatus Act has not changed much since that time. The law prohibits the use of the military in civilian matters but, over time, Congress has passed at least 26 exemptions to the act that allow the president to send troops into states.

Then the is the Insurrection act.
The Insurrection Act, which governs certain circumstances when the president can use the military. Signed by Thomas Jefferson in 1807, Congress originally passed the law in order to help fight citizen rebellions against federal taxes.

Over time, the law has evolved to allow the use of troops in other circumstances. For example, Presidents Eisenhower, Kennedy and Johnson used the Insurrection Act in the 1950s and 1960s to send the military to enforce court desegregation orders and to protect civil rights marchers

Clear as mud.

2 Likes

… just felt like posting this

3 Likes

Especially if there is no president

65,000 National Guards troops in D.C.

Screenshot_4

This will get expensive.

Maybe they are expecting a full scale invasion.

The FBI is never wrong, ROTFLMAO>

1 Like