Cosmic Impacts and Earth's Climate

For all the kookiness he hosted on Coast to Coast AM, I will say it got me thinking about those pyramids once… lol

1 Like

" This week, as scientists work through an exercise simulating an imminent asteroid impact with Earth, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine warned that we need to take the real-world threat seriously."

This subject matter does interest me.

2 Likes

Interesting! I’ve been to the Azores twice. We spent our slack time in Lisbon…beautiful city…made a day trip to the castle shown in this photo…

The view of the city from there was astounding.

On Terceira Island, we worked at Lajes Field, where a jet liner had recently made a dead stick landing after gliding for several minutes following its running out of fuel.

http://iasa.com.au/folders/images/airtransat/revelations.html

We saw remnants of the trench dug in the runway by the landing gear after the tires exploded on impact.

The airplane had glided for 20 minutes before making its one-shot-only landing attempt.

I didn’t notice a date on your pyramid discovery video. When did it occur?

On edit: I found a site that lists several articles on this. Apparently, it was discovered in September of 2013.

1 Like

Never been there but I would like go there someday! I am going to Alaska in about 3 weeks so looking forward to that experience.

The Azores has been many a inspiration for a of MC Escher’s art work so I am rather fascinated by this place from things I seen, watched and read about it.

1 Like

If there was a significant likelihood of this happening in our lifetimes there would be an international effort of unprecedented scale addressing the best ways to divert or destroy such a planet killer.

I hate to say it, but that statement is most likely a desperate cry to make NASA as relevant again as it was in the sixties and seventies.

Unquestionably it is inevitable that sooner or later one will occur but it could as easily be a billion years from now as 5-25 years from now.

There’s so much planetary debris floating around in the chaos of the asteroid belt there’s simply no predicting when such an event will occur until “The Killer” has been kicked out and is already headed our way on a path they can calculate.

2 Likes

Be careful, when you start looking at things like this on Youtube it can become quite addicting.

1 Like

Azores is a hotbed for Atlantis theorists. There is a lot more to those islands than meets the eye, definitely. While I don’t think it was necessarily the place of Atlantis, I do believe there were pre-deluvian cultures living there.

Personally, I’ve always viewed Atlantis as an allegory for a global civilization not unlike ours at the turn of the 20th century (able to at least travel and chart the world).

In a book I earlier referred you to called “Seth Speaks” where the entity known as Seth talks about previous civilisations is the first thing that pops into my mind when reading your statement on this subject matter. The answers we have been seeking have been there all along to unlock. Places like the Azores are like dreams in many ways, they have a mystical aspect to them that captivates our imagination add infintum

1 Like

Here’s one to bake your noodle with:

If there was a global catastrophe ~13,000 years ago that nearly caused our extinction, pockets of survivors with no contact with the rest of the world would have been inevitable.

These pockets of people would have caused them to have limited genetic options when it came to replenishing (Genesis’ words) the Earth, which would have caused certain traits to come out in certain regions. Tell me, how long do you suppose it would take under those conditions for the world’s survivors to “evolve” into completely different looking people, with different looking eyes, shades of skin, width of their noses, etc.?

They say the Aborigines of Australia are the oldest continuous civilization on Earth. Perhaps the rest of us looked more like them before the flood as well? :thinking:

All sound theory.

It’s also just as likely that the restart button has been hit several times since humanity first emerged.

With the amount of human extinctions in our genus since our arrival, I wouldn’t doubt it. People don’t just go extinct like animals IMO.

Here something interesting they think they found a fossilized human footprint in Crete 5.7 million years old…not ape like…human.

These are likely a whole lot older.

https://www.glenrosetexas.org/visit/attractions/dinosaur-valley-state-park/

We keep being told that humans and dino’s never existed in the same time period.

What is more accurate is that we don’t have conclusive proof that they did and such claims wildly upset the accepted timelines for both but to say as a certainty they did not exist contemporaneously is a statement that cannot be supported by science.

The conditions required for fossils to form are complex and are uncommon rather than common so the fossil record can never provide all of the answers.

That is interesting and makes sense! However it has been suggested that the Aboriginal people came over by boat from India in a Long ago migration. They share similar traits as Asian Indians. The same as many Native American having similar traits as Asians? I am not sure where I read this but I think it was Jarred Diamond in “Guns, Germs and Steel” who put forth that concept.

Yep, somewhere between ~60,000 and ~75,000 years ago, which is interesting, because the last catastrophe to happen before the flood was ~70,000 years ago when the super volcano, Toba, erupted (cycles of human extinction - flood, fire, etc… sounds familiar, huh?).

This was also the time frame of the last Homo Erectus (longest known living human species) in India before their extinction. Some estimates put the Earth at having less than 5,000 humans following the eruption.