Cortez, the Village Idiot- Update

How do you feel about his promise to deliver government paid health care to all?

Probably nothing is as important as a compatible lifetime mate.
Do you consider that a right that government is obliged to satisfy? If not, why not?

Please provide a document or transcript of the president that supports your request. What was the the executive action or statement that you are referring to? I donā€™t keep a logbook of the presidentā€™s statements and executive actions nor his bathroom and farting schedule as you trump watchers apparently do.

Why would you think the government is responsible to provide these things? Why not a co-op? Why not charities? Why not a will-work-for-medical-coverage plan?
The social contract that you allude to is not a one way road to freebies. ā€œContractā€ usually requires both parties to do something. The government should simply agree to stay out of your way as you pursue choices that provide you with healthcare.

But it looks like you think Gubment is your daddy.

2 Likes

And who decides what is important?
I know people who are obsessed with their lawn. They work on them all the time and spend tons of money on them.
Should free lawn care be a ā€œrightā€ guaranteed by the government?

2 Likes

no because you can survive not getting laid. Or so Iā€™ve been told.

So you donā€™t pay attention to what Trump said on teh campaign trail? So how did you know you wanted to vote for him?

Please let me know which charity purifies your toilet water, or builds you roads.

I wanted two things.

• a president who would nominate SCOTUS justices who would counter the liberal activist justices.
  • a president who is unapologetic and willing to poke progs in their collective eye.

Thatā€™s it. And he delivered. Anything else is icing on the cake.

so then you must have paid attention to his campaigning. So, when he promised government paid health care, youā€¦heckled him like you heckle Cortez? Or just thought he was joking? Orā€¦what?

Ohā€¦my mistakeā€¦ as usual, libs fail to differentiate between state gubment and CentGov Federal gubment. Our constitution sees a difference. So do I.

Prog Libs think bigger is better.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure why you would say that. I havenā€™t been discussing the federal government or state government specifically. I was speaking generally about government and my belief that heath care is a basic right.

Toilet waterā€¦ local gubment.

Yepā€¦ the right to obtain it as one canā€¦ without interference from your daddy. Itā€™s not an entitlementā€¦ in general.

And? This conversation has not included any discussion of state vs. federal government until you brought it up.

You asked why canā€™t charity or co-ops handle the things I mentioned (clean water, shelter, food) and I asked what charities you avail yourself of to provide those things.

And then you diverted the conversation to one about the federal vs. stateā€¦I donā€™t know why because it is irrelevant to our discussion.

Itā€™s central to the discussion.

Well, that is your belief. I believe a basic level of health care should be provided to all our citizens.

Donald Trump agrees with me and claimed the government would pay for it.

Well, you and Donald should get a room then. I think safety nets are good. But beyond that ā€¦ no, I disagree.

Butā€¦ where is the documentation of the presidentā€™s plan that you allude to? You are just making stuff up, arnā€™t you?

The discussion was, is heath care a right. I argue it is.

I made no mention as to whether I believe it is a responsibility of the state government or federal government. And in the context of a discussion about the responsibility of government to its citizens, it is irrelevant. We were having a rather theoretical discussion.

Would you like to discuss the specifics as it relates to America and our constitution? I would be happy to do so.

I would bet you include non citizens as well. Am I wrong?

How basic? For how long? For what ailments? Who pays? What is the responsibility of the one receiving healthcare?

I suspect you are not talking about any kind of social contractā€¦ just more freebies that can lock in votes.