Conservative Christians and the Hijacking of American Politics

There are numerous studies that point to religious people- not pious asshats, who live longer than those with no religion, partially due to faith, and community. Community exists in both religious and non religious areas, yet religion does provide a cohesion that is far more rare in non-religious communities.

I’m just tired of religious groups fighting each other claiming their way is the better way and everyone else is wrong. Jow many " poorly dressed " tele evangelists do you see preaching in a tent or storefront . I’m also tired of the door to door recruiters ( Jehovah Witnesses) not taking no for answer.
What’s wrong praying to God without being a member of an organized religion.
All these people should leave us alone and shut up.Most of us are capable of figuring out what is right for themselves.

But but but they’re democrats they know what best for us.

You like what the left is shoving down your throat better? That beef on your plate isn’t really beef. :wink:

1 Like

We are a Christian nation and were founded as such. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with Christianity, the tenants are not are not that far removed from the “Golden Rule”.

I would suggest you reconcile that with the people who caused you fear. Christ did not teach fear of the type you describe. Perhaps you can revisit His teachings at some point in time when you have more objectivity.

That doesn’t intrigue me, either. I doubt Jesus Himself would be intrigued by floating on a cloud for eternity. He isn’t a boring “guy” and neither is God.

Did Jesus ever try to shove “religion” down everyone’s throat? No. He didn’t. As a matter of fact, he despised the bastardization of his Father’s word by the Pharisees and their grab for power and money. He reached out to everyone regardless of their wealth or lack thereof.

Rather short sighted of you. Keep your eye on the long, not the short run. People are flawed. They always will be. I don’t care for the zealotry on the left because I simply want to live as a free person, too.

No one disputes that the climate changes. Where we call bullshit is when idiots say 97% of scientists agree that man causes it…

1 Like