Congress Committing Treason?

Always liked Mukasey, good lawyer and patriot. I may not always agree with him but I do respect him.

Listen to what he says around the 4 minute mark of the video.

I did, just listened to the whole thing.

I have a feeling when Durhamā€™s done thereā€™s going to be a whole lot of bodies in the streets, figuratively of course.

I also think it is funny how the MSM failed to cover that one important point that Mukasey raises in terms of title 18. Schiff is definitely going to have to answer for that at some point!

We can hope so but honestly I donā€™t have a lot of faith anymore in the fedā€™s doing the right thing when politics is involved.

Its not really up to the FEDā€™s though! If Nunes decides to file a law suit to bring about criminal charges then that will fall exclusively on the DOJ.

About all Nunes can do is to ask the DC Circuit for a criminal referral. Even if they grant it, the itā€™s up to the DOJ and FBI to decide what to do about it.

I have very little faith in either organization.

Well that is one way, but remember it was also Nunes whose phone records were disclosed so he can also decide to pursue this as a criminal matter outside of the parameters of politics, which would formally charge Schiff in which DOJ and FBI would have no choice but to open an investigation into the matter.

He could try but again, that would require relying on the DOJ and FBI to handle a very hot political potato.

He didnā€™t subpoena Nunesā€™ phone records. The records showed who those with a subpoena talked to. Someone recognized Nunesā€™ number.

I donā€™t think it would be any different if an ordinary citizen were to file charges against any member of congress.

Thereā€™s damned sure an ethical problem with all of the leaking and Mukasey seems to believe strongly the records were illegally obtained even if a subpoena was issued.

I never said he subpoenaed Nunes, but the phone company is where he had to have gotten the records from.

Iā€™d like to see if thereā€™s an actual record of a subpoena being issued and served.

If this was just the result of talking to a supporter who gladly turned the records over then youā€™d have a much more serious problem.

That really is the entire crux of this situation. Either way you slice it, its a serious problem!

It appears you at least implied it.

ā€œHello Nunesā€ was my inference of him being the subject, obviously Schiff had to get this from the phone company! Whether this was by way of subpoena or request, it still presents a very serious problem for Schiff, one that needs to be answered. According to title 18, members of congress do not have that authority which would be a serious violation on Schiffā€™s part!

I think his biggest mistake there was posting their names in his report.

1 Like

Something tells me he wasnā€™t suppose to do that and was probably warned not to release that info. Perhaps he thinks he can do such thinks with impunity and not get in legal trouble for it. Schiff is a lawyer, so I have to seriously wonder what his angle on this is!

There have been some who were successful but this would be seen as a partisan fight and in the past they have avoided being involved in anything like a partisan fight.

Remember when demā€™s wanted to burn down the Capitol over finding out that the FBI and IRS were investigating some of the so called ā€œcivil rights leadersā€, particularly Sharpton and Jackson?

Both of them should have done prison time but they were allowed to either walk or simply settle the charges with payouts having them swept then under the rug.