Comparing and Contrasting African and Irish Slavery

Comparing and Contrasting African and Irish Slavery in ā€¦---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BLACK SOCIAL HISTORY: WHITE IRISH SLAVE THE FACTS:

The Irish Slave Trade began when King James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His proclamation of 1625 require Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English Settlers in the West Indies. By mid 1600s, the Irish were the main Slaves sold into Antigua and Montserrat. From 1641 to 1852 over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and over 300,000 were sold as Slaves.

Ireland population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one decade, during the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 to 14 were taken rom their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies , Barbados and Virginia, while 30,000 Irish men were sold to the highest bidder.

In 1656 Oliver Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers. African slaves cost 50 sterling, very expensive, Irish Slaves cost 5 sterling, so Irish Slaves could be worked to death,whipped or branded without it been a crime . Many, many times they were beaten to death, while the death of an Irish Slave is a monetary setback, it was cheaper than the death of an expensive African Slave. Therefore African Slaves were treated much better in Colonial America.

1 Like

If this were taught in our taxpayer funded public schools, our Liberals would be having strokes.

1 Like

If Iā€™m 44% Irish and 33% British, (the rest Norway and Sweden), can I get reparations from myself?

Slavery is bad. No doubt about it.

St. Patrick was sold as a slave himself and even the Greek philosopher Plato as well at one point in their lives (due to unfortunate events and circumstances.)

The difference between the Africans and the Irishmen is that the former decided to stay mental slaves over a century after slavery was abolished, while the latter got out of such a mental status quickly.

You are white; you cannot get reparations. I suggest you contact Sharpton, the Grand Wizard of Reparations.