Collapse of the US dollar?

Russian propaganda.

Some precious metals hawker has been predicting the collapse of the USD as “imminent” now for about 75 or a 100 years.

As long as we’re the world’s number one military superpower and largest economy there’s no possibly way the dollar will collapse.

If the US economy collapses the rest of the industrialized world follows quickly so it’s not going to happen.

“all the foreclosures in the US”?

We’re approaching a 20 year low in foreclosure rates and median household income is actually rising for the first time since the 90’s.

You sound like one of the Wrong Paul nuts from the early 200’s .

The US economy is on the most solid ground we’ve seen in decades.

As long as we gots the biggest stick in the playground, we have the edge. Still, the powers that be will continue to manipulate. That being said, both my in-laws made it to 100 years old. They told me, they remembered when people were physically paid in gold coin. Must have been something.

My GGM died in 95 at 3 months shy of 105yo. She was like a walking encyclopedia right up to the day she died. The way the world changed in her lifetime was amazing. Her parents came to OK when was still the “Indian Territories” by wagon. She lived long enough to go from riding across the prairies in a covered wagon to seeing man walk on the moon, the space shuttle, the atomic bomb and even flew supersonic on The Concord.

I remember my grandma saying, when I was young & partying, the only difference between your generation & my generation is, my generation kept the shades pulled down.

1 Like

When my grandparents were teenages they were so poor they couldn’t afford windows, much less shades HA!

They were all born between 1905 and 1916.

My paternal grandfather literally grew up in a prairie dugout in the side of a hill about 40 miles from Nowhere NM and about 35 miles from Ft. Sumner where his dad was a US Marshall.

Something very much like this.

They raised nine kids in one room before GGM died of tuberculosis.

My paternal grandmothers family came here waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, from Holland ( the mid 1600s ). My mother’s family from Ireland about the mid 1700s. They had a leg up in America; even before it was America. My paternal grandfather’s great grandmother was an Eastern Native American & my mother’s great great grandmother was from India. I am a true mongrel.

Well the Spanish side of the family settled in Northern NM over 400years ago. The Indian side got here during the last ice age best I can tell.

The German and Irish got here in the 1600’s and 1700’s.

The paternal side of the family made it to Texas in June of 1836. We’ve been around quite a while too.

I grew up in a family where German/Dutch was spoken; but when I started school, the family would speak English ( when I was around ) to make it easier for me to learn the language of the land. Some of the older members of my mother’s family spoke Gaelic; and that was always a mystery to me. My Dad’s father only went to 4th grade; but he spoke 6 or 7 languages; even Hebrew, that he learned as a young man when he worked for a ■■■■■■ business in Philadelphia. I remember the German - Dutch - Italian - and the Polish & Russian. Only 4th grade; go figure.

I dont’ doubt it for a minute. Of those 9 kids that grew up in that dugout all nine earned at least a BS/BA, and four earned post graduate and/or professional degrees. One MD, one RpH, two masters and one Phd.

The church I grew up in was founded by German immigrants circa 1910 or so and still conducted services at least partly in German well into the 70’s. We learned German as kids learning to sing the Christmas Carols in German. We also had a lot of Spanish speakers in the church so it was essentially a tri lingual congregation.

I dont’ know if it’s some sort of natural talent or simply because I was exposed to lots of languages as a kid but when I was in the service one of my strengths was I could go anywhere in the world spend a few days with the locals just hanging out and I could come back with enough mastery of the language to at least get around. Give me a month and I would be speaking with near complete fluency.

Somewhere along the way I learned to quit translating and start thinking in the foreign language and when I did something just clicked and it was easy from there.

I have found there is one word I learned that carries a lot of weight. “DOLLAR”. Heh. One powerful word.

1 Like

The Bretton Woods system has been in place since 1945 to let the USD rule the world economy.

Interesting, the system was devised even before WWII was over. Nixon’s petro dollar strengthened it.
It’s all planned, folks, conspiracy or not.

@KVN @Patriot @Tyfoon spamming and derailing multiple threads with the same conspiracy nut bullshit again.

There are a number of posts here that are off-topic. Please keep the discussion on track. Thanks.

1 Like

"The architects of Bretton Woods had conceived of a system wherein exchange rate stability was a prime goal…

The architects of Bretton Woods had conceived of a system wherein exchange rate stability was a prime goal."

The petrodollar system is tied to the history of the gold standard. The 1944 Bretton Woods conference established the U.S. dollar as the world’s reserve currency. After World War II, the United States held most of the world’s supply of gold. It agreed to redeem any U.S. dollar for its value in gold if the other countries pegged their currencies to the dollar.

The US dollar had a monopoly, first for gold and then petroleum. Now the dollar is collapsing as the monopoly is being eroded.

Why is this important aspect of the US dollar a “thread derailment”?

More of the same conspiracy nut nonsense derailing the thread yet again.

@KVN @Patriot @Tyfoon

Some “collapse”.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/dxy/charts

If the dems win THEN you will see what total collapse looks like ! free , free , free ,free ,free …….

That’s what one would expect a gold fund manager to say. Nonetheless having some gold as part of one’s portfolio is not a bad idea.

The collapse of the USD is not a matter of IF, but WHEN.

Same for the Euro.

The Hegelian dialectic at work, though some morons call it a conspiracy.